• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophonics Ncore 500 W / channel stereo amp

Defman

I just received and hooked up a Audiophonics LPA-S500NC 500 W X 2 at 4 ohms Hypex Ncoreamp for the L/R channels of my MRX1120 using the pre-cuts. The center, surround and Atmos channels are still being driven by the Anthem. I ran Anthem room compensation to balance the outputs. Since I used the RCA to XLR cables, the L/R speakers were about 4 db down from before as expected. ARC calibration took care of it.

Dynamic range is awesome, from dead silence to 95 db plus crescendos. If I mute the input, I can keep my ear right next to the L/R speakers and I cannot hear any hiss or hum. After three hours of use the amplifier is just warm to the touch. I connected the 12V trigger to the trigger from the Anthem. Worked as expected by turning the Amplifier on when the Anthem turned on. I did not see any of the high frequency shrillness I have read about. I played my stock high dynamic range classical music selections ( Wagner overtures, Mahler symphony #2 first movement and my all time favorite Symphony, #9 from Anton Dvorak). They sound as good as they ever did in my previous dedicated theater room which was a Klipsch set up. Now I have KEF's across the board which is much better suited to my musical interests. I cannot comment on the clipping because that has never been an issue in my system.

For just under $800 and it comes with switchable inputs and a 12V trigger. It looks very well built. The only issue was it shipped with euro style (230V) power cord and 250V, 6 Amp fuse. I replaced it with a standard IEC 3-prong cord and changed the fuse. The company responded promptly to my concern and offered me a credit for the mixup. I plan to take them up on it. I did not open it up and look at the build quality. That is for a future date.

Bottomline so far: Awesome piece of gear which puts out 500W/Channel X 2 from a unit under 8 pounds the size of an elongated shoe box.

Zoomer

OP
D

Defman

Very impressed with the after sales service. Used their website. Prompt and courteous. When I contacted them about the power cord and the fuse, they offered me choice of replacement of the cords/fuse or a refund. I accepted a refund of 40 euros ( roughly $50) which I felt was fair and more than covered the cost of the replacement cord and fuses.

mdunjic

I just received and hooked up a Audiophonics LPA-S500NC 500 W X 2 at 4 ohms Hypex Ncoreamp for the L/R channels of my MRX1120 using the pre-cuts. The center, surround and Atmos channels are still being driven by the Anthem. I ran Anthem room compensation to balance the outputs. Since I used the RCA to XLR cables, the L/R speakers were about 4 db down from before as expected. ARC calibration took care of it.

Dynamic range is awesome, from dead silence to 95 db plus crescendos. If I mute the input, I can keep my ear right next to the L/R speakers and I cannot hear any hiss or hum. After three hours of use the amplifier is just warm to the touch. I connected the 12V trigger to the trigger from the Anthem. Worked as expected by turning the Amplifier on when the Anthem turned on. I did not see any of the high frequency shrillness I have read about. I played my stock high dynamic range classical music selections ( Wagner overtures, Mahler symphony #2 first movement and my all time favorite Symphony, #9 from Anton Dvorak). They sound as good as they ever did in my previous dedicated theater room which was a Klipsch set up. Now I have KEF's across the board which is much better suited to my musical interests. I cannot comment on the clipping because that has never been an issue in my system.

For just under $800 and it comes with switchable inputs and a 12V trigger. It looks very well built. The only issue was it shipped with euro style (230V) power cord and 250V, 6 Amp fuse. I replaced it with a standard IEC 3-prong cord and changed the fuse. The company responded promptly to my concern and offered me a credit for the mixup. I plan to take them up on it. I did not open it up and look at the build quality. That is for a future date.

Bottomline so far: Awesome piece of gear which puts out 500W/Channel X 2 from a unit under 8 pounds the size of an elongated shoe box.
Here is mine helped with two additional Audiophonics nc500mp monoblocks to drive the woofers … nc502mp drive midrange and tweeter drivers

Attachments

• 5F73AF1D-F01F-466D-BF01-1EBD79331F9D.jpeg
    5F73AF1D-F01F-466D-BF01-1EBD79331F9D.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 78077006-51D5-4740-8906-1248C4D192D7.jpeg
    78077006-51D5-4740-8906-1248C4D192D7.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 172

tsfreo

Hi, reviving an old thread to ask whether you found any heat issues at all with your LPA-S500NC after living with it for a bit. I'm looking at the same unit and just hesitating over whether to get it, or the HPA bigger box version which costs a bit more. I doubt I'll be driving my unit too hard, but weighing up getting the dual mono with heat sinks (and extra $350AU or so all the way to Australia....).

Top Bottom