• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophonics BTW60: cheapest DAC + speakers amp in the world?

OP
daftcombo

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That doesn't include the power supply. You need to pay for that separately.

True. If you have one already, you can get the amp alone for less than 20$, crazy.

GioF71

Forum Donor
You can find some videos on youtube about those devices. Even on of the newer version with a larger knob. Just search for noob tpa 3116 amplifier.
Not that they are very informative... you hear people happily saying that the amp is good based on the fact it plays loud.
Some people show the internals and of course there are some version of tpa 3116 based amps that do not have enough heat dissipation capabilities.
Often this not a problem for a desktop use case.

I don't particularly like the design because they have connectors on either the front and the back, so not very ergonomic on a desktop.

Still they are so cheap that I think they can be worth the asking price especially if you compare those with the built-in amps you find on computer-style powered speakers.
Hope this helps!

EDIT: "versions of TPA-3116 based amps", not "versions of TPA-3116"...

Last edited:

BillG

Major Contributor
Someone used one of these amps to create a battery power streaming system... :D

http://archimago.blogspot.com/2019/06/listening-fully-battery-powered.html

Yeeco Box and Contents.jpg

D

Deleted member 9685

I suspect chinese TPA3255 amps on aliexpress.com are better.

Top Bottom