• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophiliac gives Audio Science Review channel a plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Amir is as insecure as a person as a person you will ever meet. Any other intellectual is the enemy to Amir's fragile ego. How could something that large be so fragile?
None of us are perfect. You are showing that side of you like nobody's business. Grown person with nothing better to do that to create new aliases just to complain, insult, etc. with no conveyed value otherwise.

I run a forum with nearly 3 million visitors a month. I get people like you to deal with every day of the week and twice on Sunday. So much crap to deal with that would force a person to take out the ruler at times and slap it on the table to say, we have rules here. And that rule simply stated is that you don't advertise on our site for your interest no matter what the reason. And that you show respect when you are here instead of posting as you are doing. It is not hard for a logical person to understand. But grown people like you get emotional and act otherwise.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So you feel entitled to donations because of the work you do carrying gear and unboxing it? And you accept people's money because it makes them feel good to give you money!?!? Only a super narcissist would have the balls to say that. You could collect all the donations and give them to a charity. People would still "feel good" because they contributed and a charity that needs the money instead of a millionaire using it to fund his own hobby of measuring audio equipment. But you won't do that nor will you open up your books. I give plenty just not to narcissistic millionaires who accept money to make other people feel better. You are ridiculous.
Ah, that sense of entitlement again. You have to avoid making yourself look bad in these posts.

Anyway, my hobby doesn't involve testing everything membership wants tested. I just looked and I have tested 325 or so DACs. You really think it is my hobby to keep testing these DACs? Why am I asking. If you were logical, you would not be here with these posts today.

Do I hate doing it? No. That is because I have a second hobby which is the appreciation I see in people's eyes when I test something they are interested in that wouldn't have been my choice to test. It is an incredible feeling. You should try it.

I am serious and I am not anyone's fanboy-please don't club me with Amir, Erin, you or anyone else :eek:. While I wish lines were drawn earlier, I don't think anyone is criticizing integrity of reviews published. Don't make this reflective of twitter sized barking point with no bite.
Amir absolutely questioned the integrity of Erin reviews because Erin makes $9 a day if that from YouTube. While Amir gets way more than that in "contributions" . Is that not hypocrisy? Go back and read everything Amir has written since this thread went off the rails, which Amir propagated the idea and weaponized Erin's words. Erin misspoke and edited his video about being the best and publicly apologized which he didn't need to do. Amir is a bully plain and simple.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
You got upset with Erin because he said he was the best at measuring .
I don't get upset. That is for you to act that way. I express objectivity. And objectivity called for telling Erin he had completely changed his tune from this:

I gotta be honest. I feel like threads that devolve in to an "us vs them" attitude are really doing no favors to the audio community. There is already a strong divide between subjectivists and objectivist-minded people and belittling the "others" (no matter which side you are on) doesn't serve to help the purpose of informing the misinformed. It just pushes them away. Subjectivists may come to this forum - based on Steve's recommendation - to see "just what the measurement stuff is about" - and find this thread where their favorite YouTuber is at first appreciated for recognizing "this side" of things but ultimately is crapped on and they can't help but feel as if *they* are, too, being crapped on.

To "Steve your in my lane." Steve called him "hobbyist with measurement gear" and he went emotional and threw us under the bus in the process. I get that if the follow up to my feedback for him was measured, indicating that he was wrong earlier when he said we should all get along. Instead as you, he went into attack mode thinking he is similarly situated to me. He is not. He is a guest here that was enjoying very unique privileges no other member has. To be sure, he had earned some of this by his measurement work. But to them stomp his feet and make all kind of disrespectful remarks is out of line.

Then he decides to leave on his own. We have taken no action against him despite him violating our rules of conduct. You have a problem with him leaving? You should talk to him because it is his actions that are making you upset, not mine. I told him what I saw in his video and conduct and that was that.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Amir absolutely questioned the integrity of Erin reviews because Erin makes $9 a day if that from YouTube.
That is total garbage. His measurements are beyond question. I question his integrity when he says he is only here to educate. As you said, he running a business that has revenue and aggressive marketing to get more of it. That $9 will balloon to hundreds of dollars as he gets more and more subscribers, and more google views. It is not like Youtube deletes those videos after a while. This is how one quits their job and makes youtubing full-time. That is the path he is on.

As I said, there is nothing wrong with you and you trying to diminish it shows you think it is dishonorable business. It is the same thing he is guilty of.

Ah, that sense of entitlement again. You have to avoid making yourself look bad in these posts.

Anyway, my hobby doesn't involve testing everything membership wants tested. I just looked and I have tested 325 or so DACs. You really think it is my hobby to keep testing these DACs? Why am I asking. If you were logical, you would not be here with these posts today.

Do I hate doing it? No. That is because I have a second hobby which is the appreciation I see in people's eyes when I test something they are interested in that wouldn't have been my choice to test. It is an incredible feeling. You should try it.
Really you are calling someone else entitled? Look in the mirror buddy. The narcissist saying he loves the look in someone's eye . I believe that. Narcissist always crave approval. But you sound silly saying you see the look in people's eyes. How many patrons have you met face to face or even on video chat. I will wait. You are worried about how you will look . I am not. Erin apologized for misspelling. Are you going to apologize for your emotional overreaction and denigrating his integrity and for assassinating his character??? I will wait.

Mystical Boar

So Amir is strict when he states that Erin bought the Klippel because Amir had one!?!? Just stop. You sound silly. Amir is a textbook narcissist and the forum "donors " enable his narcissist behavior by never calling him out on it because your afraid he will ban you. I don't care about Amir or this site in the least. I do care about relationships and friendships way more than wanting Amir's approval.
I’m a long time lurker but a new member. If I ever get banned I’ll be just a lurker again and sleep well. I’m not here to make friends and I don’t care about personality traits of the staff or members/supporters. I’m here because I find this site very informative and it helped me to buy a DAC and speakers after some disappointing purchases.

Internet dramas are always embarrassing and cringeworthy. If there’s a misunderstanding one should resolve it via private channels rather than type a wall of text in order to explain why they’re in the right to the public - which is always a red flag to me. I think Erin should just drop the Jesus act, clear up the misunderstanding, and keep doing what he seems to enjoy.

The difference between men and women is that men can punch each other in the face, laugh it off and get along just fine (without plotting revenge for the rest of their lives).

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Narcissist always crave approval.
Which is what you are looking for. Your old alias was banned. You are back here under an alias trying to say, "oh, that was wrong. I am so much better." Well you are not. Your posts are information-free and of no value to anyone but to make you feel better about yourself. Until you get that vindication, your belly is going to hurt.

The problem is not that you are a narcists but that you lack common sense. Find something better to do with your life that people appreciate and that belly ache will go away. It will only get worse with your conduct here....

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
General FYI. I have remained nutral and let this thread play out. Amir does not need me to come in and cover for him. I also left countless personal insulting posts stand open for several weeks so we would not look to be covering up stuff.

That said I still have a job to do and behavior standards to uphold. Two weeks is long enough for the rules offending posts to stand open to the public. I have as of today issued a permanent forum ban for one member and have deleted all posts of a personal insult nature.

It’s always difficult to Moderate a thread that involves Amir when it turns into a drama Queen exhibition by forum guests. Anything I do is going to look bad on the surface. So, I did nothing. Let this crazy shit play out in full public view. Let me know if you know any other Forums that would permit this? The mere fact that Amir is willing to let his dirty laundry hang out for all to see and judge says more about his values and commitment to his forum Members more than any words I can add.

Thank you @amirm for making my job soooooo stress free! B.Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom