• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophile vs Faith Based Audiophiles

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
5 year when you send in the registration card (at least on the DACs)
Yes, you have to read down into fine print

which I failed to do
Me either when looking up their warranty for this thread.

A bit (lot) deceptive IMO. If the product is of a build quality to earn a 5 year warranty why try to trick as many as possible out of it with this silly piece of sideways marketing. That's crap!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Dynamix

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sadly, I have seen examples of exactly this:

On Head Fi, I have seen people seriously arguing that one should have a $600 DAC / Amp combo in order to "get the most" out of cheap $25 IEMs.

I've seen people over there replace their stock headphone cables with cables that cost several times as much as the phones themselves. That place is ridiculous.

OP
tomelex

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
While faith may be belief without proof, if you can convince yourself in what you are doing (without proof) then there is no stopping how illogical you might act.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I just now see halogen lights being included in a list of offenders as a cause of distress on our AC lines, at least for the faithful.

Ok, maybe if using a dimmer, otherwise, I can't see the light.

Top Bottom