• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophile jewelry - most beautiful Cd players, turntables and other gear

welsh

Such a big box with a big knob but 2 little meters. :(
Not only that but What Hi-Fi says it, Say it ain't so Joe. LOL
  • Lacks rhythmic precision and dynamic punch
  • Sound staging could be more expansive
Are you suggesting that we should take What Hifi at their (entirely subjective) word? Or that ‘rhythmic precision’ and ‘sound staging’ are actual qualities of amplifiers? I trust your post is ironic.

welsh

MontegiroLusso-overall.jpg

Obviously from Italy.

jrjhkEzDcapqoM3CPCgpllx8lgYai3qHrY4zaaRWhGMfUY6e_jiRYImSPwui8AA5z2F6PKTtsSop50mXzATQJawLmsG3w16vYrCzcAr6LBz_27IbAOay
Just four Cornettos, give them to me… delicious hifi, from Italy…

escksu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
MBL 6010D preamplifier, classic stuff too, here gold is less controversial.
BTW I wanted to buy it's clone at audiophonics (I know it sounds great). They carry also Topping Pre90. I asked them which one is better sounding and they pointed Topping Pre90 strongly so, quite surprised by this recommendation, I took Pre90 from my local shop for listening test. Bingo! It stayed so now I am happy owner of Topping Pre90. Probably it would be strong competitor to the original 6010D shown below, but who knows, unless Amirm measure this classic beauty as well... :)

View attachment 140220

Whooo MBL..... Once of the best..... and also extremely expensive... But it is awesome.

Grumpish

Transcriptors turntable - I lusted after one of these when I was younger, and the modern version, the Gyrodec, is still a tasty bit of eye candy...

J-A-Michell-Hydraulic-Reference-Turntable-1024x647.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Transcriptors turntable - I lusted after one of these when I was younger, and the modern version, the Gyrodec, is still a tasty bit of eye candy...

View attachment 143793
You're not missing much by not having this snazzy turntable. I owned one and it was a pain in the butt to setup so I bought a Technics direct drive quartz lock turntable and just displayed the snazzy looking one as eye candy. :D

mononoaware

The rear-view of JBL K2 S5500.
Exposed rear of compression driver, with interesting design of the terminal bridges.

123951313_1658705200999077_8059114655870461205_n.jpg

mononoaware

image-12.jpg

Audiosector Patek Amp SE.

I like this kind of bare design, interesting and without being too gaudy.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
is it beautiful? im not sure. It is certainly interesting.
I'd love to give it a listen, but
"the best quality sound you'll ever hear" ?
I highly doubt it. The shear size of the speaker is sure to click your bias into high gear making
a honest sighted evaluation next to impossible.
None the less, some very kool toys.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The original Oracle turntable. I lusted after one of these soooooo badly back in the day.
They were always out of my budget at the time and shortly later the CD came and I lost all interest in vinyl.
AFAIK they started the open design style still popular today but now taken to insane lengths.
The Rube Goldberg wacky (IMO) anti-skating bit on the tonearm would have to go.
I want mine with a air-bearing straight line tracking arm that doesn't need all that goofy stuff. ;)
53cb2d93f31cf0e4ed4c37a38b6d6186.jpg

3.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The original Oracle turntable. I lusted after one of these soooooo badly back in the day.
They were always out of my budget at the time and shortly later the CD came and I lost all interest in vinyl.
AFAIK they started the open design style still popular today but now taken to insane lengths.
The Rube Goldbery wacky (IMO) anti-skating bit on the tonearm would have to go.
I want mine with a air-bearing straight line tracking arm that doesn't need all that goofy stuff. ;)
53cb2d93f31cf0e4ed4c37a38b6d6186.jpg

3.jpg
A Technics SL-Q5 would suffice well.

Outside75

I'd love to give it a listen, but
"the best quality sound you'll ever hear" ?
I highly doubt it. The shear size of the speaker is sure to click your bias into high gear making
a honest sighted evaluation next to impossible.
None the less, some very kool toys.
its a pc hardware tech channel so his impressions are dry and "pure" which I quite like. Im also fascinated by the CEOs equipment choices there. I would assume that he can afford any toy he likes and yet he settled on this particular combination. Not that Italian made custom horns are cheap... Anyway - audiophile CEO not being a cable believer is a bonus too :)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
A Technics SL-Q5 would suffice well.
Not my cup of tea, direct drive and all that.
My last table that I used for 20 some years was a Harman Kardon ST-8 with the Rabco design straight line arm.
The earlier ST7 and such had issues and were quite buggy.
They got it right with the ST8 and it had the bits I desired. (SLT arm, belt drive, cue lever, auto end of record pickup, etc)
Here's the ebay pictures I sold it with, probably should have just kept it, but all it did for the last 10 years or more was to sit there and collect dust. Along with all the unused LP's taking up space. :(

IMG_1000.jpg

Look at all the extra goodies guys. Dynavector Ruby cantilever mc cartridge, Supex 900 Super mc, Stanton 881S mm, Marcof battery powered moving coil stepup amp, more. Guy I sold it all to in 2009 got a hell of a deal in todays vinyl dollars.
IMG_1011.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not my cup of tea, direct drive and all that.
My last table that I used for 20 some years was a Harman Kardon ST-8 with the Rabco design straight line arm.
The earlier ST7 and such had issues and were quite buggy.
They got it right with the ST8 and it had the bits I desired. (SLT arm, belt drive, cue lever, auto end of record pickup, etc)
Here's the ebay pictures I sold it with, probably should have just kept it, but all it did for the last 10 years or more was to sit there and collect dust. Along with all the unused LP's taking up space. :(

View attachment 179764
Look at all the extra goodies guys. Dynavector Ruby cantilever mc cartridge, Supex 900 Super mc, Stanton 881S mm, Marcof battery powered moving coil stepup amp, more. Guy I sold it all to in 2009 got a hell of a deal in todays vinyl dollars.
View attachment 179765
Very cool. The tonearm can be changed out. :D and... It's not a P-mount.

Top Bottom