• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophile jewelry - most beautiful Cd players, turntables and other gear

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Braun should put the woofers even closer to the tape heads

OP
Harmonie

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think Braun designed stuff is horrendous looking. But, beauty is a personal thing. Obviously I’m in the small minority since so many seem to like his stuff.

a- it's a matter of taste as you say.
b- Those designs are from the sixties , that's more than half a CENTURY ago !
c- Look at @tmtomh 's post #147. It reminds me the T+A and other similar styles.

d- Vide my post #148. If Braun / Dieter Ram would launch designs today, you would be queuing at midnight waiting to get your gadget!

thunderchicken

Pre-pandemic (Nov 2019 I think) I was in London for work and was on a podcast recorded in a small booth studio in back of a coffee house in the King's Cross neighborhood ... the cafe area had a huge vinyl system featuring Living Voice horns, and they sounded totally wonderful. I could have stayed all day. A very surprising find.

Oddly enough, that's probably the cheapest way for me to experience a system like that. Roundtrip tickets to London to find a coffee shop. From Seattle. SMH

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'm still in love with the classic old school look of my early VTL tube amps.
Chrome chassis and all. ;)
IMG_0676.jpg
IMG_0687.jpg

mononoaware

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just happened to find this image. 2021 evolution of gramophone? (his masters voice)

pointline_record_player_layout.jpg

Imagine two of these in "DSP Room corrected Wide-mode" wireless stereo with Apple HomePod tech inside each, and you can put 1 vinyl record in each, so one record finishes play then the other auto-plays.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm still in love with the classic old school look of my early VTL tube amps.

I find the newer Audio Research Reference 160s to be quite fetching, although I don't think I'll ever buy a tube amplifier. At 100 lbs, it's one hoss of an amp.

1621355045846.png

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I find the newer Audio Research Reference 160s to be quite fetching,
It is a handsome design with the ghosted meters and all, I still prefer a better view of the tubes in a open design.
OTOH I prefer the sound of my Adcom SS GFA amps. :p

A bit old, but a daring design.
I always wanted one of the toploaders but they were all quite pricey back when.
Then I went into computer audio and the drives in my tower have take there place.

Top Bottom