• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophile jewelry - most beautiful Cd players, turntables and other gear

Kling75

Forum Donor
I actually owned a CD-100, 20year old and still spinning..

Unfortunately the previous owner one night was so drunk and peed on the user manual (no joke!) - he thought he was on the toilett instead he unloaded over the sideboard in the livingroom.....i new there was something "fishy" about the manual. It took him several calls and visits till he confessed. Needless to say the sales value also "plunged into the toilet":facepalm:

Last edited:

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is in such a bad taste that it is actually quite good. Love the combination of led displays and rococo. :p

Yup - kitsch and costume jewelry to the max...

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
According to Etheraudio, a pair of these 30 watt SE amps weigh 398Kg (877 lb) - way more than any McIntosh...

Etheraudio GM100.jpg

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And speaking of jewelry, here is an Eternal Art OTL amp with max gold bling...

Gold OTL Amp.jpg

Somafunk

Major Contributor

DHT 845

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I still have the EAD T-1000 which has the same mechanism and is flawless; no regrets.
I had this one too (over 20 years ago or so....) together with EAD DSP-7000 mkII DAC and wadia AT&T glass optic cable :) That cd transport with pioneer table was very good, I remember it as clear and precise sounding and the cd - dac set had good, scratch resistant error correction.

Mountain Goat

Forum Donor
Here's a bit of guitar amp jewelry. The DAR FBM (Future Breed Machine) 100. I flirted with buying it back when it was available, but common sense prevailed. Kind of. It was expensive back then, it's a dear collectible now.

The horizontal output tubes where supposedly pulled off a Russian attack helicopter MiG 25. It was a one-man operation, and after delivering a small number of amps, DAR Amplification disappeared. Along with a bunch of people's deposits.

1625802011144.png

It's a really good-sounding metal amp:

Last edited:

Kling75

Forum Donor
yet such a cheap remote?

The remote was sturdy built and good to handle. However you are right, one would expect more in this price segment. Important to know, this machine was marketed to Homecinema owner as the ultimate Allrounder. For audiophile needs they had a impressive CD/SACD lineup. Potential buyers used this player mostly in a light controlled room with projector and automatisated solutions. In that scenario is a Remote with backlight much more important than a metal case with high-end laq.

Besides that, this is/was the most overbuild component i owned for 25years. With 24kilos it was heavier than my Counterpoint Amp...

Last edited:

DHT 845

NAT Audio Transmitter tube monoblocks

NAT audio transmitter m.PNG

DHT 845

Burmester 808 preamplifier, also gold edition

Burmester 808.PNG
Burmester 808g.PNG

Top Bottom