• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophile Ethernet Cat8 Cable

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
My CAT Tiki lived to 20, God rest her soul. :(
Her purr remained soothing and smooth it to end. :)
tikinored.png

jabbr

I'm a big fan of fiberoptic Ethernet -- 30% less energy usage spread across the world is alot less -- I have fiber to my house. Used 10Gbe Brocade switches are dirt cheap. I connect a Solid-Run ClearFog ($100) to my DAC. Nothing beats Corning.

Been a network junkie for a long time (remember terminating coax Ethernet?) but the Belden REVConnect is really really high quality and easy to use. If you want an SOA copper Ethernet cable it's the way to go. It's the easiest thing I've seen. Uh yeah, it will be good for "Cat 8"

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Yes, she was the one true love of my life. Never more than 10' away from me where ever I was in the house.
Including the bathroom. :)
Been gone near 10 years now and I still miss her.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm a big fan of fiberoptic Ethernet -- 30% less energy usage spread across the world is alot less -- I have fiber to my house. Used 10Gbe Brocade switches are dirt cheap. I connect a Solid-Run ClearFog ($100) to my DAC. Nothing beats Corning.

Been a network junkie for a long time (remember terminating coax Ethernet?) but the Belden REVConnect is really really high quality and easy to use. If you want an SOA copper Ethernet cable it's the way to go. It's the easiest thing I've seen. Uh yeah, it will be good for "Cat 8"

For audio applications you can get all the benefit of Fiber with a fraction of the cost and hassle by using WiFi.

Nothing to date has ever convinced me that there is RFI noise being introduced with WiFi I can't find it with ARTA / ADC or my measurement MIC.

I remember Vampire Taps, I remember building 110 ohm termination blocks for AppleTalk (used phone line), IBM T.R. etc...

D

Deleted member 65

Yes, she was the one true love of my life. Never more than 10' away from me where ever I was in the house.
Including the bathroom. :)
Been gone near 10 years now and I still miss her.

Mine still going strong, she's a CAT16 now ...

upload_2017-8-22_17-24-25.png

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If cars are like audiophile sound products where every new FOTM "lift the veils like never before", everybody would have landed on the moon in their flying space car by now and curing cancer along the trip.

Top Bottom