• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Audiophile) americana and country music? Who likes it? Recommendations?

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Les Paul and Mary Ford.

Too old to be audiophile, but Hank Williams is my favorite. Cash, Willie, and George Jones are great too.

I like the new Morgan Wallen album too, but he is an idiot and I don't think the production is super special.

Dundas

Forum Donor
Posts 28, 39, 72 & 79 only show "Video unavailable" in Canada (and probably elsewhere) so we have no idea what you are recommending. Please add add artist and song to your posts so we can check them out too.

levimax

Major Contributor
Garth Brooks. He has sold the second most albums ( behind only the Beatles) of any artist. The sound quality of his his albums are fantastic... digital before the loundness wars. The only issue is he does not like streaming and his music is only available on Amazon HD streaming. You can pick up his CDs for a $1 or $2... Well worth it.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some samples of some of my favorites.

The great Dolly...

Drive By Truckers

Devil in a Woodpile

Soggy Bottom Boys

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I watched The Eagles - Live From The Forum 2018 again last night it got Vince Gill singing in my head till I got up today. That pushed me into a Vince Gill orgy of music all morning and thru the afternoon. I've always been a major VG fan and have a good sized chunk of his catalog on my harddrive. A ultra talented singer, guitar player, and writer, IMO he's been one of a small group to true musical genius of the last 50 years.
God Bless Country Music.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
And one more bootleg of Vince with the Eagles
And by the way, to those who made all the nasty remarks of Vince joining The Eagles
GET STUFFED. :p

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I'm born and bred country but missed this thread. Far too many to list and I have not kept up in recent years. I did work for Bocephus for a while one summer back in 1977 (as sound tech for live shows). I survived.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Merle's always been one of my hero's
How bout one more classic oldie

Top Bottom