• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Audiophile) americana and country music? Who likes it? Recommendations?

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
McMurtry yes, missing from this post. my favorite

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I coulda sworn I mentioned McMurtry. Huh.

I’m writing this during intermission at a Nickel Creek show…

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I coulda sworn I mentioned McMurtry. Huh.

I’m writing this during intermission at a Nickel Creek show…
i like Nickel Creek also. Their first album is still played a decent amount on my system.
1710690944360.jpeg

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert

OldHvyMec

Forum Donor
I tried a search for Tami Neilson. She is listed as a County & Soul singer/songwriter. Kingmaker was released in 2022. Sassafrass! 2018.
Canadian born, but a New Zealand transplant. You will need to turn down the BASS. It's actually mixed to play LOUD and what may sound
like distortion at lower levels 65-75db, sounds amazingly good when you turn it up to 90+. If you like Linda Ronstadt (early or late) you'll
probably like Mrs Neilson. 47 years old.

I found her by watching Brokenwood Mysteries in 2014. The lead investigator (Neil Rea) has a car that was made the year he was born.
He listens to country western on cassette. LOL

I was dispatched to Northland for over a month working on a few drill rigs. I though the wind blew when Santa Anna was on the warpath.
That is a windy place but some of the best fresh catch around. They do a Hangi that has some great eating. We had lamb.
I cleaned my plate 2 or 3 times. One of the few times I gained weight vs lost weight. They have a lot of proper county folks there and of
course Manuka Honey. I heard they had Kiwis too. LOL

Regards

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Andrew Gabbard

Album: Cedar City Sweetheart.

You tube has the whole album...

Hope you like it!

Top Bottom