• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiolab 8300CDQ as DAC and analogue balanced preamp

heepman

Hello,

I'm going to simplify my current system, which is built around a laptop with an external audio interface plus lots of different other audio sources and gear (both digital and analogue) - this all is a complete chaos. It looks, like ideally, I would like to get a DAC with extra analogue inputs and balanced audio outputs, to feed my active speakers. After some investigation, I found that this objective is almost unreachable, if keeping in mind the idea about 'simplification' - it is just transforming one chaotic setup into a bit less chaotic setup.

But! There is the only device on maket, which (likely) solves all my issues - the Audiolab 8300CDQ. This is a multi-input DAC / USB DAC / CD player / Analoue preamp hybrid, equipped with remote control. Additionally, this device substitutes CD player and Preamp separates, and it is great! Based on manufacturer info, it is equipped with good hardware and also offers proper volume control in analogue domain (which is great for me!). Unfortunately, I have no chance to give it a try before buying (living in a faraway small town).

So, could you please share some experience about this device? Did anyone heard about its performance and sound character? Also, are there any alternatives known?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Top Bottom