• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiolab 6000A - PEQ options -miniDSP?

HelloHell

Ianidx hasn't mentioned an AVR from what I can see, he has only mentioned he has a stereo amp and is looking to add EQ. I have an AVR and a stereo setup which is 2.1 with PEQ/Dirac in my living room, plus a pure stereo setup in another room. I wouldn't assume everyone is looking for the same setup, though, some people are not interest in multichannel.
I was replying to the OP, it seems I'm out of context.
"I have an Audiolab 6000A integrated amp which i'm using for 2 purposes; 1 as a power amplifier for my front channel speakers - the 6000A is connected via the pre-out of my Denon X3700H AVR - this function is working flawlessly. I also use the 6000A as an integrated amp for stereo music via the WiiM mini streamer. The speakers in question are the Klipsch RP-6000F."

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
"I have an Audiolab 6000A integrated amp which i'm using for 2 purposes; 1 as a power amplifier for my front channel speakers - the 6000A is connected via the pre-out of my Denon X3700H AVR - this function is working flawlessly. I also use the 6000A as an integrated amp for stereo music via the WiiM mini streamer. The speakers in question are the Klipsch RP-6000F."
Different person. Ianidx has a 7000a and hasn't mentioned any other equipment.

Joffy1780

Oh OK. Nice edit ;)
I was replying to the OP, it seems I'm out of context.

lanidx

Doing some more research I found out that using a DSP in that way is not even such a new idea. Actually, there are some older amplifiers that allow you to add an EQ/DSP. For example, the NAD 312.

44779-2-44779b.jpg

In this review from 2017, this option is being discussed in depth.

Joffy1780

Doing some more research I found out that using a DSP in that way is not even such a new idea. Actually, there are some older amplifiers that allow you to add an EQ/DSP. For example, the NAD 312.

44779-2-44779b.jpg

Are you looking to add a subwoofer? I don't know if you've used Minidsp devices before but they are pretty simple to use, I think, plus there is lots of support available on various forums.
IMHO they are great bits of kit.

lanidx

At the moment, I only want to explore my options. And it is good to know that I can use room correction with the Audiolab. Primarily, I need to get rid of the boomy lower frequencies and as I cannot really install bass absorbers, this might be an option.
I have basically zero experiences and I am entirely new to the field.

Last edited:

TimW

Major Contributor

44779-2-44779b.jpg

I did this a using a NAD C 320BEE and a miniDSP 2x4. Even tried it using an old Marantz 2235 and a DSP subwoofer amplifier.
a_Marantz_2235B_Black_Rear_1.jpg

Pre-out main-in connections on integrated amps and receivers is a great thing IMHO and I have never been bothered by the extra ADC/DAC stage introduced by the DSP.

Top Bottom