• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiointerface advise

PFM

Hi guys, I am searching for a new interface. I would be very happy, if you geeks could suggest me some options. :)
I got an acoustically treated room and good monitoring (Neumann) but my interface is still my good old Focusrite Scarlett.
A little bit of information for you:
  • I would love a desktop unit but its not a ko criteria
  • approx 8 line-ins / 1 adat for external hardware ie preamps (planned) or my synths
  • at least 1 Mic-in
  • Good ADDA conversion obv :D
  • Headphone output
  • price range not decided yet depending on your opinions
  • DSP would be nice but not a necessity
  • I daily drive mac os
thank you so much for helping and compliments for your AWESOME reviews. I wish I heard of this forum earlier, I feel like there is way to much marketing blabla in audio
kind regards
Lukas :)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
There are a few Motu boxes you could look at. I have the 896 mk3 hybrid, and it's quite capable.

OP
P

PFM

OP
P

PFM

There are a few Motu boxes you could look at. I have the 896 mk3 hybrid, and it's quite capable.

I heard from other engineers that they had issues with the power supply of motu interfaces did you experience issues like that too?

Trell

Major Contributor
How does the RME compare to sth like the UA Apollo x4, AA Zen Tour Syngergy Core or the Arturia Audiofuse Studio?

Sorry, can't help you so much there.

OP
P

PFM

Sorry, can't help you so much there.
No problem I am sure that other member can help me :) but thank you very much for your suggestion the rme ucx II seems to be interesting

Trell

Major Contributor
No problem I am sure that other member can help me :) but thank you very much for your suggestion the rme ucx II seems to be interesting

I've the UCX II myself and for my use it works very well.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I heard from other engineers that they had issues with the power supply of motu interfaces did you experience issues like that too?

None for me.

wildgooselake

RME is the de-facto standard for many music industry, broadcasting, live performance stuff.

Their support, drivers, reliability and longevity, not to mention sound quality, is as good as it gets.

I would go for one of their interfaces, but the model depends on your exact needs of course.

Top Bottom