• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Audioengine B-Fi Review (Streamer)

Eetu

Forum Donor
Completely wrong and obviously so. Airplay 2 is far better than Chromecast. Plus Apple doesn't sell you a device so they can track what they do with it.
Huh? I was referring to the Audioengine B-Fi
1) worse performance than CCA
2) doesn't support Airplay 2

I'm sure the Belkin is alright but you can get a RasPi 4 for less.

sarumbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Huh? I was referring to the Audioengine B-Fi
1) worse performance than CCA
2) doesn't support Airplay 2

I'm sure the Belkin is alright but you can get a RasPi 4 for less.
Less? Have you seen the price of the Belkin device?

Eetu

Forum Donor
Less? Have you seen the price of the Belkin device?
The 2GB boards seem to be out of stock now but I got mine for 55€ (I'm in Europe), 65€ for the 4GB version. So less than the Belkin, but yeah roughly the same if you need the starter kit.

sarumbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The 2GB boards seem to be out of stock now but I got mine for 55€ (I'm in Europe), 65€ for the 4GB version. So less than the Belkin, but yeah roughly the same if you need the starter kit.
Thank you correction.

BitPerfect_

Received mine this Friday, easy to configure if you're already an Apple user.
My chain is iPhone/iPad with airplay -> Belkin Soundform -> ADI2 DAC FS -> Audiophonics MPA-S250NC -> Elac DBR 62
I can't hear distortions, obviously it doesn't mean there are none, it only means that the quality will probably be enough for many of us.

I was looking for an easy way to use airplay with the ADI2, no interest over BT or specific streaming services, this Belkin device is functionally perfect.
Regarding the Belkin Soundform, would you please share with us, when you listen Apple Music, in the above described audio chain, ADI2 DAC shows 16-bit/ 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz?

@Hexus, Raspberry PI + s/pdif hat, will output 16-bit/ 44.1 kHz bit perfect if we are streaming Apple Music using the iPhone / iPad > rPi, can you read this on your DAC? Thanks.

Last edited:

Paolo

Regarding the Belkin Soundform, would you please share with us, when you listen Apple Music, in the above described audio chain, ADI2 DAC shows 16-bit/ 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz?
It's 48 kHz.

IMG_0617.png

BitPerfect_

It's 48 kHz.
Also can you please read (if it’s shown somewhere) it’s 16-bit or 24-bit?

Some claim that AirPlay 2 it’s actually able to deliver 24/48 and if that’s the case, make sense why we have 48 instead of 44.1. Thanks,

Top Bottom