• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Test of Power Conditioner by Audioquest

Ingenieur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Really? Someone administering the test can’t solve this simple problem rapidly?
He's just a baby sitter.
A clerk type.
He should have responded: answer as you see fit. We'll review when graded.

Reactions: SIY

Ingenieur

Assuming the transformer is ideal, power in = power out.
You and I (and many others) know the concept:
P = V I or V = P/I = 4600/40 = 115 V
But these guys are more fundamentally mechanics.

Ingenieur

115V RMS, to be precise (and assuming 40A RMS) :)
And average power :)

Talk about coincidence, lol, just arrived in the mail today.

376BC68E-6FDD-41BE-82B2-73ABE9CFABAE.jpeg

BlackTalon

Forum Donor
NSPE is right in my backyard. We have not been members for many years though. There is an alphabet soup of associations and institutes that we are members of, plus ASCE. NSPE has good format contracts but most of the A/Es we work with use AIA contracts. A friend was a head membership person with them for years but there wasn't enough value to rejoin. Now a close business contact is on the Board. I'll probably look at their benefits again and see if it is a better value these days.

Ingenieur

NSPE is right in my backyard. We have not been members for many years though. There is an alphabet soup of associations and institutes that we are members of, plus ASCE. NSPE has good format contracts but most of the A/Es we work with use AIA contracts. A friend was a head membership person with them for years but there wasn't enough value to rejoin. Now a close business contact is on the Board. I'll probably look at their benefits again and see if it is a better value these days.
Lol
I almost moved there. Was offered a job as chief EE at the DC WW plant project.
Huge job. I could not deal with city living.

5881B376-0E7E-418B-BD3E-827D458EC2FF.jpeg

BlackTalon

Forum Donor
Forget about city living -- there is plenty of suburbs within minutes of there. But really, let's talk about what the smell is like in the summer time. Let's talk about having to cross over pipes to walk around on the sidewalks/ bridges between aerators, pump houses, etc. and the damned pipe connections are leaking and the spray is blasting who knows what all across the walkways (okay, we actually do know exactly what it is...). Let's talk about the little rowboat tethered to the side of one of the the chocolate ponds that maintenance people need to use (don't fall overboard!). Let's talk about your clothes smelling to high heaven, so you better have something to change into before getting into your car to drive home at the end of the day. Let's talk about the smell not getting fully flushed from your nose until you are on you way back there the next morning.

I spent the worst 2 weeks of my engineering career surveying buildings there in late July/ early August about 25 years ago. I have not taken another project there since. :D

Unless you had a job in the newer office building (the old one is right on the edge of the 'action', and never, ever needed to go outside in the facility, it's possible you could work there on a full time basis. For maybe a couple months.

Ingenieur

Forget about city living -- there is plenty of suburbs within minutes of there. But really, let's talk about what the smell is like in the summer time. Let's talk about having to cross over pipes to walk around on the sidewalks/ bridges between aerators, pump houses, etc. and the damned pipe connections are leaking and the spray is blasting who knows what all across the walkways (okay, we actually do know exactly what it is...). Let's talk about the little rowboat tethered to the side of one of the the chocolate ponds that maintenance people need to use (don't fall overboard!). Let's talk about your clothes smelling to high heaven, so you better have something to change into before getting into your car to drive home at the end of the day. Let's talk about the smell not getting fully flushed from your nose until you are on you way back there the next morning.

I spent the worst 2 weeks of my engineering career surveying buildings there in late July/ early August about 25 years ago. I have not taken another project there since. :D

Unless you had a job in the newer office building (the old one is right on the edge of the 'action', and never, ever needed to go outside in the facility, it's possible you could work there on a full time basis. For maybe a couple months.
Lol
It's not glamorous work, but necessary.
I've got some experience with water and WW (that's why they offered the job) but the work can stink. Lol
I have both class A water and class A WW licenses.
I prefer water ;)

Top Bottom