• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Science Review Member DECIMATED by Audiophile

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I decided to do a short parody video of how an audiophile (played by me) destroyed the scientific arguments that cables don't matter, by an ASR member (played by me).

A little bored the last couple of days and reading the Morrow speaker cable review thread sparked my creative juices (or lack thereof).

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What an a-hole :rolleyes: No other way to describe this farce: "5-1". In all rationality it was "0-1" given the only real criterion was the blind test.

Loathecliff

What an a-hole :rolleyes: No other way to describe this farce: "5-1". In all rationality it was "0-1" given the only real criterion was the blind test.
Oops. Does this prove that irony is inversely proportional to latitude?

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I decided to do a short parody video of how an audiophile (played by me) destroyed the scientific arguments that cables don't matter, by an ASR member (played by me).

A little bored the last couple of days and reading the Morrow speaker cable review thread sparked my creative juices (or lack thereof).
Oops. Does this prove that irony is inversely proportional to latitude?
Opps. :oops: So what I missed was SimpleTheater's allusion to his "creative juices". Perhaps I wouldn't have if there weren't people who actually reason that way.

Last edited:
OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
Opps. :oops: So what a missed was was SimpleTheater's allusion to his "creative juices". Perhaps I wouldn't have if there weren't people who actually reason that way.
I actually appreciated your first comment. That's what I want people to say if they don't know it's a parody.

HorizonsEdge

I was saddened to not see you wearing a tin foil hat (

PeteDzi

I saw another video by SimpleTheater:

This video claims that robins build a nest on top of one outdoor speaker, as opposed to another, because that particular speaker is wired using "first run copper" cables.
When I first watched that video several months ago, I though the guy was absolutely insane.
Obviously I didn't get the irony, until i found this thread.

I'm so glad it was a piss-take. My faith in humanity is restored!

tomtoo

Major Contributor
@SimpleTheater
I have to admit, that i needet to view more than 1 video from you, to make sure you mean it ironic. But thats some time ago, now i can enjoy your videos more. Have fun.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I saw another video by SimpleTheater:

This video claims that robins build a nest on top of one outdoor speaker, as opposed to another, because that particular speaker is wired using "first run copper" cables.
When I first watched that video several months ago, I though the guy was absolutely insane.
Obviously I didn't get the irony, until i found this thread.

I'm so glad it was a piss-take. My faith in humanity is restored!

I first saw the video with the influence of cablelength and the math for it. From my point of view a litte unfair. But ok, nobody is perfect.

Gregss

Hello,

Sadly, I would bet real money there are those who would "buy into" this video. It was posted on the internet, it must be true. Critical thinking is NOT being taught in our schools.

mdunjic

Hello,

Sadly, I would bet real money there are those who would "buy into" this video. It was posted on the internet, it must be true. Critical thinking is NOT being taught in our schools.
“Prove me there is no God” type arguments

escksu

I don't get it... Whats with all these old thread being dig up??

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The only conceivable way this kind of double blind speaker cable test could conceivably be valid let alone statistically significant would be if all the electronics were plugged in with PS Audio power cables.

Top Bottom