• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Science Review is not listed @ Wikipedia.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Webninja I asked @PaulD if he will collaborate with you for the Wikipedia data entry and he agreed providing you use email. I will private his email address to you. Thanks to both of you. :D

North_Sky

Major Contributor
What is the make and model of the test gear used by @amirm for reviewing gear? When will I know if the new test head for headphone testing is to be added to the test equipment inventory so I can add that?

His newest state-of-the-art analyser ... the Audio Precision APx555

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...s-a-new-audio-precision-analyzer-apx555.3442/

Prior ... the AP2522

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/understanding-audio-measurements.2351/

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
February 12, 2016 might be the founding date, assuming this is the first account:
This can't be right:

1597522888843.png

Thomas must have figured out how to sabotage the forum stats. Oh wait, I showed him how to do it.....

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks to @Blumlein 88 , @solderdude and @North_Sky for your contributions to the Wikipedia final rough draft and thanks to @PaulD and @Webninja for taking upon the Wikipedia data entry task. Just awaiting @amirm for final approval and then it's data entry time and then wait for the web page to publish. Hopefully all 7 screenshots fit into the Wiki entry! :D

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks to @Blumlein 88 , @solderdude and @North_Sky for your contributions to the Wikipedia final rough draft and thanks to @PaulD and @Webninja for taking upon the Wikipedia data entry task. Just awaiting @amirm for final approval and then it's data entry time and then wait for the web page to publish. Hopefully all 7 screenshots fit into the Wiki entry! :D

Thats 6 guaranteed hits this week. Breaking the internet!

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thats 6 guaranteed hits this week. Breaking the internet!
It's not about hits. It's about integrity and networking. One day Dr Floyd E Toole and other luminaries as well as products will have web pages and I see ASR being linked from all those Wiki entries and vice versa. :D

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The ASR Wikipedia text is up. @PaulD and @Webninja entered the data and we all made a couple of minor changes and the Klippel web link was corrupted so that was repaired too. Wikipedia is claiming it reads like a press release news article and advertisement and should read more like a encyclopedia. @Webninja has volunteered to make some changes as he has experience in these things with Wikipedia. Mucho thanks. :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Science_Review

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The ASR Wikipedia text is up. @PaulD and @Webninja entered the data and we all made a couple of minor changes and the Klippel web link was corrupted so that was repaired too. Wikipedia is claiming it reads like a press release news article and advertisement and should read more like a encyclopedia. @Webninja has volunteered to make some changes as he has experience in these things with Wikipedia. Mucho thanks. :D
Did not expect my username to be mentioned, but it is okay.

Not sure how best to fix their "issues".

BillH

Forum Donor
There seems to be a hanging sentence fragment in the content and test equipment section

The Klippel NFS Speaker Test System and Dr Floyd E. Toole

Is this supposed to be a section header?

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer

Great work! Thanks to you, @PaulD and @Webninja for all the time and effort to get this up.

Top Bottom