• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Science Review forum review, Coronavirus work from home edition

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is a review and detailed characterization of Audiosciencereview.com, which I will refer to as ASR. My review is of special relevance to bored audiophiles who are working from home with somewhat diminished productivity due to the spread of coronavirus, and who lack the ability and patience to read long threads on DIY Audio or suffer the idiots on forums I won't mention. ASR has a number of subforums, each dedicated to a more-or-less science focused discussion of audio topics, although most commenters have their own non-scientific biases and intuitions. For all this, ASR is offered for free, but different donation levels offer some reward, namely a marker under your username which make your posts more authoritative.

The overall design looks quite respectable with an odd color scheme and logo which reminds me a of a new age massage parlor:

1584625052589.png

Nobody knows what the logo is supposed to represent; I think the forum creator said it looked like gears, but gears are normally one color and circular. DIY Audio doesn't even have a logo, so perhaps ASR is ahead of the game.

Coronavirus Boredom Offset Measurements:
Here is a view of the review page:
1584625148885.png

Even though we haven't seen many speaker reviews in the past 24 hours, I am willing to be patient as my donation level doesn't entitle me to much complaining, and I don't need any new speakers anyway. I think we get spoiled with occasional periods of a dozen reviews a week or more, but being spoiled is fun, and especially important when there is a deadly virus roaming the earth, threatening my parents and, let's face it, most audiophiles. ASR reviews keep me indoors and not coughing all over the romaine lettuce at Whole Foods. They also help stimulate the Chinese economy when I buy something I don't need; but we live in a global society nowadays so buying a DAC is basically like moving money from one pocket to another.

Conclusions
I will create a COVID supercluster (sort of like a borg cube but with mucous) in my neighborhood unless I see interesting speaker reviews soon, perhaps the Presonus powered monitor or the new JBL lineup or maybe something else. I am addicted to ASR and getting sick of my cat asking for food every 10 minutes. I am baking bread every day and gaining weight fast.

------------
As always, questions, comments, recommendations, etc. are welcome.

OP

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Guys I just bought a center channel speaker and spent a day installing surrounds on my walls. I hate movies. I never watch them.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The brown is not inspiring, Amirm likes it god knows why ...

Brown and orange, it's permanently autumn at ASR.

Maybe he had some inspiration...

407ACE0A-91E9-4E2F-B8A7-7161D8885B93.jpeg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
The overall design looks quite respectable with an odd color scheme and logo which reminds me a of a new age massage parlor:

The colors make me think of all the time spent in junkyards growing up...
There, like here, looking for hidden gems!

DVAP_06_3000.jpg

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
From the recently deceased jazz great, McCoy Tyner (December 11, 1938 – March 6, 2020), an obscure piece, Autumn Mood, dedicated to ASR both presciently and posthumously. Yes, the album art says it all--the tepid and contaminated green; the pale, off-putting yellow; the dull, burnt orange; the flat, stale brown background. . .

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The brown is not inspiring, Amirm likes it god knows why ...

Brown and orange, it's permanently autumn at ASR.
The colours of a perfectly made shit sandwich. Its both a metaphor for modern life and an eerily accurate abstract of the site.

Juhazi

Major Contributor
The colours of a perfectly made shit sandwich. Its both a metaphor for modern life and an eerily accurate abstract of the site.

Then what is the triangle on it? A culinaristic-artistictly cut olive, metaphor of the Black Hole?

Top Bottom