• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Interface with at least 10 bands parametric EQ

• Thread starter Deleted member 4708
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4708

Context

Even after I sold some of my headphones I am still left with a few. Being a member of this site, as per our doctrine, EQ-ing is the mother of all bliss.
My current interface (Motu 8A) has 4 bands of parametric EQ. Using routing I can do 12 bands of parametric EQ but the interface is clunky. I am looking into EQing all my headphones using 10 bands of parametric EQ as per Oratory recommended EQ.

Question

Does anyone know if other pro interfaces can store 10 bands (or more) parametric EQ for several headphones? I am especially interested in UAD Twin X yet I am not sure what parametric EQ it has (crazy complicated manual).
Bonus points if the interface can import the EQ in Excel or CSV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lambda

Major Contributor
I think antelopeaudio makes DSP interfaces that can load all sorts of plugins and EQs.
But why don't uses software on the pc side?

OP
D

Deleted member 4708

I think antelopeaudio makes DSP interfaces that can load all sorts of plugins and EQs.
But why don't uses software on the pc side?

I'd like to have the headphones EQd in the interface so they are EQd regardless of the input. Even for the same PC, I can watch a movie and the headphones are EQd.

OP
D

Deleted member 4708

I just don't see in either UAD plugin collection nor Antelope a floating 10 band parametric EQ that can be stored in the interface. Sigh. I hope I am mistaken.

OP
D

Deleted member 4708

Ideally, I'd like it all in one box; otherwise, I'll keep the Motu. I'd be surprised if something this simple doesn't exist in the pro interfaces.

hwest

RME has a 5 floating band parametric support (ADI2 pro for example).
I wonder if something like this can be used (stored on) a pro interface like UAD: https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_morphit_v1.html#headphones
What's the easiest way to apply a Parametric EQ to my front channels or all channels If I currently only have a the Onkyo AccuEQ Room Correction that comes with an Onkyo PRSC-5530 Separate? Is that possible to do with out adding noise in the chain and is it worth it? Would it be one of these units to get let's say 5 channels and the subs I don't think I need to cleanup more than the front and two back channels plus two subs. https://www.minidsp.com/products/dirac-series/product-line-summary

PureLIN

I have a Antelope Zen Tour (Not the new SC but they are almost same but less DSP), it could apply about 16 mono ClearQ plugin, and each could add 3 peak and 2 shelf peq with some freq limits, so there will be about 24 band peak peq for each channel (Zen Tour SC will have more), I am using it for Room Correction, it could works.
And the things is useful for you is the interface could store 5 presets so you can switching by touch the screen on it.
But to use it will be pretty annoy since you need add them one by one and the freq limit will make you need create more ClearQ plugin than bandcount/3 if you need more band on lower or higher freq.

Top Bottom