• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio interface advice

Ariamella

I was looking for a DAC with balanced outputs and volume control because I have a ground loop and I've settled upon getting an audio interface. This is because the cheapest DAC with a volume control I could find was the Topping E50 and it's way over my budget and I'm gonna be getting a mic at some point so I might as well get an audio interface now. I live in the UK and the Audient iD4 costs £120, which looks to have a good mix of performance and features. I also have an unbalanced headphone amp which ideally I can run off the 2nd outputs but I can always use an audio splitter box if necessary. Are there any other options I should be looking at?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
From there, the Motu M2 looks like a good bet but a bit pricier at about £180.

Alternatively the behringer UMC204HD - cheaper at about £75 - not sure if it has balanced outputs though.

OP
Ariamella

Ariamella

Did you check?
Type = “ADC/DAC interface”

I don’t know the UK market to give any recommendations.
I did check it yeah, but pricing in the UK is a bit off
From there, the Motu M2 looks like a good bet but a bit pricier at about £180.

Alternatively the behringer UMC204HD - cheaper at about £75 - not sure if it has balanced outputs though.
I'm not sure if the M2 is worth it at that price difference, I was looking at the UMC204HD but I don't think it has true balanced outputs and the output levels are a bit iffy too

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
See if you pick up a Focusrite 2i2v3. They offer a very decent performance for the money.

Top Bottom