• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio-gd R7HE vs Holo May vs Denafrips Terminator

Dallas2122

A lot if total ignorance stated hear if you know anything about electronics Audio GD
Has made their share of errown in the Past but from mid 2019 to the excellent 2021
Products especially their mk2 dacs they are on another level to previous models
And in specs maybe not as good but class A power supplies-Analog output stages are not as sqeeky
Clear and run warmer but they sound night and day better then most class D and AB designs and servo controlled digital sections ,unless you have heard the heard MK2 designs ,then don’t bother commenting it would be out of pure ignorance !!

THW

Forum Donor
A lot if total ignorance stated hear if you know anything about electronics Audio GD
Has made their share of errown in the Past but from mid 2019 to the excellent 2021
Products especially their mk2 dacs they are on another level to previous models
And in specs maybe not as good but class A power supplies-Analog output stages are not as sqeeky
Clear and run warmer but they sound night and day better then most class D and AB designs and servo controlled digital sections ,unless you have heard the heard MK2 designs ,then don’t bother commenting it would be out of pure ignorance !!

uh huh.

Dallas2122

Perfect reply ,your standard ignorance of Audio and nothing to brag About
stereo but critical of Electronics you never heard ,and you know -0 about UH Huh !!

THW

Forum Donor
Perfect reply ,your standard ignorance of Audio and nothing to brag About
stereo but critical of Electronics you never heard ,and you know -0 about UH Huh !!

i mean, what i do need to know about those electronics I can just read it here, why exactly should I listen when there is frankly no need to for electronics anyway? seems like additional effort for about zero gain.

you also say that like I should envy you or something. I really don’t, I’m more amused and bemused than anything else when I’ve gotten everything I could’ve asked for for just $220

Dallas2122

i am just mentioning what I consider very good sounding audio for $$ spent .
I have a modest System ,my brother has a DCS Rossini dac ,that is by far the best dac I have ever heard .my brother is a Lawyer and can afford ,expensive
maybe overkill Audio, I cannot, if it sounds better then the competition in its price point I will state My opinion ,regarding specifications there are way to many ways to measure the same item.there are no set Audio standards .I have seen $200 dacs with great specifications but totally sound lifeless, Bottom line let your ears be the final judge !!

tw99

i am just mentioning what I consider very good sounding audio for $$ spent .
I have a modest System ,my brother has a DCS Rossini dac ,that is by far the best dac I have ever heard .my brother is a Lawyer and can afford ,expensive
maybe overkill Audio, I cannot, if it sounds better then the competition in its price point I will state My opinion ,regarding specifications there are way to many ways to measure the same item.there are no set Audio standards .I have seen $200 dacs with great specifications but totally sound lifeless, Bottom line let your ears be the final judge !!

Your opinion of the DCS dac is of course totally uncoloured by its price. Yep, carry on “trusting your ears” and “closing your eyes” to the truth of what is really happening...

wric01

Money on enjoyment or money on specs/measurements. To each their preference as most here are cheap bastards that can't afford both to do a side by side to compare.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Money on enjoyment or money on specs/measurements. To each their preference as most here are cheap bastards that can't afford both to do a side by side to compare.
More like wanting to put your head in the sand and believing in fantasies. My speakers alone cost $23,000. Amps close to $50,000. Yet I have a $1,000 DAC that measures superbly and sounds the same. You don't go online and get cures when you get sick. You hopefully go to a doctor. Same here. Listen to people who know the science and engineering and not random joe online.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
More like wanting to put your head in the sand and believing in fantasies. My speakers alone cost $23,000. Amps close to $50,000. Yet I have a $1,000 DAC that measures superbly and sounds the same. You don't go online and get cures when you get sick. You hopefully go to a doctor. Same here. Listen to people who know the science and engineering and not random joe online.
With respect, your using $50k of amplification strikes me as much more wasteful than buying a Holo May. Essentially perfect amplification can be purchased for a small fraction of that.

The speakers are another matter altogether, and I am more than a little jealous of your Revels. :confused:

wric01

Measurements because most of above 40 all have hearing deterioration by age and by wear and tear. Just my opinion the few of us younger folks with better hearing and late to his audio hobby use our hears to determine what is better.

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Measurements because most of above 40 all have hearing deterioration by age and by wear and tear. Just my opinion the few of us younger folks with better hearing and late to his audio hobby use our hears to determine what is better.
Even young people don't have such a sensitive hearing that it comes even close to the sensitivity of an APx555... :rolleyes:

wric01

By pro measurement logic, tubes and r2r dac should wipe out and cheap as dirt. Yet most perfer them if they had the means to access these higher priced dacs. Yeah your delta sigma dac measure well.( Note it's still one mic making a defacto measurement btw vs a ear with what over 50+ sensors.)

q3cpma

Major Contributor
By pro measurement logic, tubes and r2r dac should wipe out and cheap as dirt. Yet most perfer them if they had the means to access these higher priced dacs. Yeah your delta sigma dac measure well.( Note it's still one mic making a defacto measurement btw vs a ear with what over 50+ sensors.)
How about your start reading a bit of the research accumulated over decades instead of hand-waving? Or just show a blind test showing that "most perfer[sic] them".

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I strongly encourage you to come up with evidence (data, controlled test results, etc.) that proves that goldenear audiophiles, and/or young people, can hear things that an APx555 can't measure. Do that and I will gladly admit to everyone who wants to hear it (phun intended :D ) that I was wrong.

So far not a single goldenear audiophile can or will do that and the only evidence they bring to the table is "I can hear the difference" which is not prove or evidence of anything other than a (sometimes) entertaining anecdotal story.

Veri

Master Contributor
Note it's still one mic making a defacto measurement btw vs a ear with what over 50+ sensors.
Err. How do you presume the music you listen to is captured? Straight from people's ears into digital?

wric01

How about your start reading a bit of the research accumulated over decades instead of hand-waving? Or just show a blind test showing that "most perfer[sic] them".
Research accumulated over decades by mostly ppl with deteriorated hearing, that's a fact. Now why is it they never try bringing kids to do a blind test to be realistic about what sounds better. Sound starts with a mic and 90% of recordings are done poorly btw. New age era starts with Condenser mics
Err. How do you presume the music you listen to is captured? Straight from people's ears into digital?
Again depends on the capturing mic (Newer condenser mics is night and day in tremble midrange harmonic territory). How many of you even have a recent recording with these mics used to record. Hell even a YouTube recording l

wric01

And i strongly encourage you man cave lovers to come out to a concert and hear the difference from reality/live music vs what you hear from electronics.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Now why is it they never try bringing kids to do a blind test to be realistic about what sounds better.

So, you haven't done one?

We aren't even talking preference at this point...only whether a difference can be determined when the most basic and necessary controls are in place. So, in all your fact finding you haven't used any controls?

Why don't you do one and show us how wrong we are?

So far, you have zero evidence.

And i strongly encourage you man cave lovers to come out to a concert and hear the difference from reality/live music vs what you hear from electronics.

Which is always a great idea, but has what to do with anything? People who don't believe your unsupported claims must not listen to live music? I see.. :rolleyes:

Smusique

After reading all these comments on this thread, I thought to myself why not borrow a Audio-GE HE-9 LE from my friend and test it. Atleast 700hours burnin.

I always measure dc offset with a fluke multimeter. It was close to 0mV(max 0.10mV full volume) soo thats a thumbs up

This amp is quiet, detailed and powerful. All you haters don’t know what you are missing. I made an order on the mk2 version.

I only joined this forum, because I saw all this nonsense/hate towards a brand that actually makes more valued products vs the price point. I believe 80% of you dont even know what you are talking about.

Stick all the measurements into your eyes. You will never have open ears

Top Bottom