• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio-GD NFB-11.28 "Performance Edition"

brydon10

This should be interesting, it looks like Audio-GD is getting more serious. They've posted a bunch of measurements on their new product page for the NFB-11.28 Performance Edition. I wonder what Amir will get out of it if he can get his hands on one eventually... USD 339 for standard edition.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/N11.28PE/NFB1128PEN.htm

N11PTHD4.JPG
N11Pjitter.JPG

THW

Forum Donor
based on what I’ve seen you probably should take Audio-GD’s given measurements with a grain of salt, there have been cases where the measurements here are completely off compared to the measurements Audio-GD puts out.

Veri

Master Contributor
Indeed these measurements aren't new, they've been doing them for a while but for previous non-'performance' versions the AGD graphs far from matched Amir's which seems highly misleading. Example here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...audio-gd-nfb28-28-dac-and-headphone-amp.5147/ the audio-gd measurement shows orders of magnitude lower distortion.

...theirs shows far less harmonic distortion. My guess is that this is the performance of the DAC subsystem sans the output stage. And it is the output stage that is adding the copious amount of distortion.

So as an all-in-one system you are not getting the performance that is projected whatsoever. Now that something like the affordable Topping DX3 exists, audio-gd is overpriced crap more than ever I'm afraid.

THW

Forum Donor
So as an all-in-one system you are not getting the performance that is projected whatsoever. Now that something like the affordable Topping DX3 exists, audio-gd is overpriced crap more than ever I'm afraid.

For the DX3 Pro it might be prudent to note that some have reported QC issues, however I haven’t really put in the time and effort to see if said reported issues are actually the result of manufacturing inaccuracies and inconsistencies or is really just a case of user error. It could even just be the case of sampling error being amplified due to the DX3 Pro being a highly anticipated product.

That being said my particular DX3 Pro unit works beautifully and has been reliable so make of that what you will.

THW

Forum Donor
Good to hear :)
Thanks.

However despite the potential QC and reliability issues, it should also be noted that when it works, it works very well and so far has proven to be an excellent solution for all of my audio needs as far as I’m concerned.

It has more than enough clean power for my HD 600 by itself and even if I do somehow need more power, I could always just order an Atom and use the DX3 as a DAC anyway.

OP
B

brydon10

I'm more of a fan of separates personally. I wasn't aware Audio-GD has shown other measurements. I guess we'll see!

Top Bottom