• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

bidn

Audioquest, too!

Thank you forn this excellent Suggestion,
this is going to be my next setup, with ultimate audiophile synergy:
<snake oil power filter [forgot their name]> --> BS Audio DAC -→ FrAudioQuest cable → Audio GoPee amp.
Endgame!

Last edited:

bidn

The amount of hype this company gets among audio engineers is unbelievable. I knew that it's garbage. Thanks to Amir he showed us.

Except these are absolutely no engineers, but not very ethical money seeking dudes excrementing long texts full of gibberish, whose nonsensical jargon is made to delude their readers into believing that they are experts, and high praises with nice pictures or videos, in exchange for money from the manufacturers.
And then the deluded and convinced audiophile victims buying the garbage repeat the lies they have been induced into believing.

Last edited:

digicidal

Major Contributor
The amount of hype this company gets among audio engineers is unbelievable. I knew that it's garbage. Thanks to Amir he showed us.

To be fair... if you judge a design by the number of individual components and whether it achieves (regardless of how well) it's stated purpose - then Audio GD is up there with the best of them. It's practically an electronic Rube Goldberg machine at this point.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
A hot air gun an 5 minutes later you have 8 of the PCM1704 gems for potential fun

Wait... I totally missed the part where it says it has eight (8!) of these :facepalm: What a massive waste!

Company says after "May 15" settings are one way versus before. Problem is, it doesn't say which year!

Maybe it's a seasonal thing? Before may 15th you get one version, after you get the other ;)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
China ....... the greater China ..... everything are best .....

Darko love it https://darko.audio/2011/04/audio-gd-reference-71-dac-8-x-pcm1704uk/

A Chinese technology company sued Apple for 'Siri infringes on its patents. ' The Chinese company is seeking damages of approximately 151 billion yen, as well as suspension of manufacturing and sales of products using Siri.

To be fair to the Dark Lord, I think thats a different overpriced rats nest of a DAC by Audio GD- the Reference 7.1, this is the Master 7.

I have no doubt it exhibits the same traits as all other Audio Guff products measured here.

respice finem

Major Contributor
I know what this bad boy is missing. Tubes!!
Slap some tubes in it for that sweet analog sound.
For even more of that "euphonic distortion" :D
(which exists though, like in guitar amps, but in a DAC...)

DSJR

Major Contributor
Ouch. That is simply terrible by Darko IMO.

I try never to look at his 'reviews' but other forum pals do.. Thing is, it's heavy, it's expensive and with top off, laden with goodies, so it HAS to be good, yes? Reviews like his seem increasingly multi-sensed (is that a term?) where the eyes and touch have it and the ears are almost certainly deceived by the other senses.

I came from another era when signal paths were being simplified, cutting out all the superfluous crap in a typical circuit (another minefield just as bad if not done right). Funny thing though, my fifty year old prosumer amps actually appear to have very simple 'signal paths,' as most of the rest of the circuit is basically housekeeping for the power supplies to each gain block, preventing domino-style blow-ups as much as possible..

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thank goodness Amir and ASR exist.
Keith

Ata

Forum Donor
This is all one big conspiracy. :D The higher powers keep sending broken expensive gear to Amir! :rolleyes:

Kegemusha

From their page:

The product even had burn in over 300 hours before shipping, but based on the other users feedback, it need least another 150 hours burn in for get the steady state, and the best state will be after 1000 hours burn in , it mean another 700 hours burn in .

....the most strange burnin spec I ever read.

Maybe after some 145000 days this DAC will perform better.

Johannes AU

From their page:

The product even had burn in over 300 hours before shipping, but based on the other users feedback, it need least another 150 hours burn in for get the steady state, and the best state will be after 1000 hours burn in , it mean another 700 hours burn in .

....the most strange burnin spec I ever read.

Maybe after some 145000 days this DAC will perform better.

After burn in, warranty expired?

Addicted to music

I bought an Audio GD ref 5 a few years ago after reading a load of hype on our local audio forum.
Now I know why it sounded so bad.
I put up with it for about a week before moving it on.
It looked nice inside though.
I’m glad I’ve never risked Audio GD again.

yep,

i just join that forum and this is all they praised about…. Even on the Head Fi, everyone was praising what this company did. Luckily I didn’t buy into the hype and never purchased anything from them. when the hype reads “ You need 300-500hrs burn in“ All I could say is BS! If the product out of the box doesn’t sound right, move it on or asked for a refund, this is one sign that it’s not all there, never believe in “burn-in for 100s of hours…..

Top Bottom