• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio from PC - budget $500, very newbie

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Thanks. When I install the s/w on windows it prompts to install APO and allows me to select devices.

What is actually happening here? If I do install this does it modify the factory settings on my speaker? If I do load one of the configs (Maiky/Pierre), is this written to memory on the speakers, and persists across power cycles? Can I get back to the factory settings easily?

Just asking before I click "yes" 15 times and then realize I can't go back. Interested in this but wary! I suspect this is a dumb question as the cabling between focusrite and speaker isn't capable of this.
Watch my YouTube videos to understand how to use them. By default, installing these apps doesn’t modify the sound in any way. It’s only when you import/modify an EQ profile, that the sound changes. To disable the EQ profile, it’s a simple on/off toggle, meaning it takes a second to turn off, if you don’t like the EQ profile. It’s not written to the speakers, since that’s not possible. The EQ profile is only activated for the computer where you install Equalizer APO or Peace, and even if you restart the computer, the EQ profile will still work across reboots.

OP
G

georgist

Watch my YouTube videos to understand how to use them. By default, installing these apps doesn’t modify the sound in any way. It’s only when you import/modify an EQ profile, that the sound changes. To disable the EQ profile, it’s a simple on/off toggle, meaning it takes a second to turn off, if you don’t like the EQ profile. It’s not written to the speakers, since that’s not possible. The EQ profile is only activated for the computer where you install Equalizer APO or Peace, and even if you restart the computer, the EQ profile will still work across reboots.

Okay, I think this isn't going to work for me as I use linux! However I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I'll have to dig into options on linux.

Top Bottom