• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Circuit Design

tucura

New to the forum, I am interested in Audio Amplifiers Circuit Design. Is there any forum section currently dedicated to this issues?

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
If you actually want to build something, the easy route is to use an IC. Texas Instruments has lot's of audio ICs and they have application notes and schematics. Some designs are super-easy, especially if you are building a low-power or headphone amp, and you can "automatically" get good performance.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Analog Devices also has plenty of app notes.

If you can get your hands on an old copy of the Linear Applications Handbook from National Semiconductor, it's definitely educational, too.

Last edited:

JSmith

Master Contributor

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Ti LME49600 is used in the Atom Amp+ and it is a nice layout for a experienced or beginner project.
fbd_snas422e.gif

JDS Labs Atom+>>>
2021-07-01.09-53-34.jdslabs_atom_amp_quarter_lit.jpg

OP
T

tucura

Thank you for all the suggestions. I am really interested in discussing an existing design I did recently, already prototyped and tested. It is a 100W class A/B amplifier using IRP240/IRP9240 MOS power devices, and uses a novel (to my understanding!) bias scheme for the power devices.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Thank you for all the suggestions. I am really interested in discussing an existing design I did recently, already prototyped and tested. It is a 100W class A/B amplifier using IRP240/IRP9240 MOS power devices, and uses a novel (to my understanding!) bias scheme for the power devices.
Post a schematic over in the DIY forum section. Several of us there do our own designs and are happy to discuss them.

pma

Major Contributor
The Ti LME49600 is used in the Atom Amp+
It is an equivalent of much older BUF634. My implementation of BUF634 is here:

Top Bottom