• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audient Nero... Anyone used it?

dfuller

Major Contributor
https://audient.com/products/monitor-controllers/nero/overview/

Looks to be a decent piece of kit if the specs they quote are accurate. The only thing I'm skeptical of is the volume control being well matched (since it is a dual ganged pot, and not a stepped attenuator), though apparently they have put a significant amount of money toward good quality parts...

Anyway, anyone used this? If I buy one, I may drop ship to Amir for testing.

musictracer

I am seriously interested in this too. I am in the "desperate" need of a decent monitor controller as soon as possible. I fell for the behringer control2usb due to its excellent reviews and while it trully is a great product for its cost (features, look and build wise), sonically it didn't meet my expectations. Yes it is noiseless and doesn't affect frequency response (well at least not to an audible level to my ears) but man, it really shrinks the soundstage/stereofield, while there's a I notable lack of definition dynamics wise as well, resulting in less clarity, At least this is my experience using it inbetween my audient id14 and my yamaha hs5's.

That said, I am really looking into Nero and would like to know whether it outperforms the presonus central station plus (which features a very handy breakout box by the way but gets mixed reviews instead). Personally I am mostly interested in monitor switching between 3 stereo pairs in the most possible transparent way, meaning I don't care much about features. That said a relay functioning passive unit would probably be preferable, though Nero is active afaik.

reallyoldcob

I have one. It replaced a Presonus Monitor Station V2 (which is probably not the same insides as central station) ... the main outs and the headphone amp(s) both sound much better than the Presonus. I prefer the headphone amp out of my Apollo Twin and Schiit Heresy over the Nero hp amp.

OP
D

dfuller

Major Contributor
I have one. It replaced a Presonus Monitor Station V2 (which is probably not the same insides as central station) ... the main outs and the headphone amp(s) both sound much better than the Presonus. I prefer the headphone amp out of my Apollo Twin and Schiit Heresy over the Nero hp amp.
Doesn't surprise me re: the headphone amp - they've never been Audient's strong suit. But that's what the headphone amp on my ADI-2 Pro is for.

musictracer

So I guess I will see a day and light difference transparency wise compared to my behringer toy , as expected...
Buy "main outs" I believe you mean main AND alt-1 / alt-2 outs , which is the most important part for me.
Too bad there is no cue out, though.
By the way, does anyone know what the average life time of switching relays is ? I tend to switch between monitors all the time...

Top Bottom