• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audient ID14 MKII enough for Hifiman Edition XS?

JiDey247

Hi guys,

I currently own an Audient ID14 MKII and wanted to finally jump in the planar magnetic headphones world by getting a Hifiman Edition XS. Now, I know these headphones need a certain amount of power to be driven and wanted to know whether my audio interface would be enough.

If not, what could I get to fix it? Cheers guys.

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hifiman Edition XS has an impedance of 18 ohms and a sensitivity of 92 dB. That is a very low impedance. Your audio interface is not enough according to these links:

With that kind of expensive headphones, you need a better audio interface. There is a difference in the sound quality of your audio interface and one that costs about the same as the headphones or more. So the RME Babyface Pro FS is a really good choice for you if you have the money. It has 0.1 ohms output impedance on the 3.5 mm jack for headphones, and EQ that is needed for adjusting the frequency response.

Last edited:
Top Bottom