• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That's news to me actually! What I've measured sure doesn't look like that's what's happening.
I'll link you a discussion I've been having with Oratory on it over on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/comments/wzp18m/_/in5ywom
To be honest I keep asking him variations on the same question within that discussion as seems to keep misunderstanding what I'm asking, which is a bit frustrating, but I think I'm closer to it getting answered with each extra bit of info he gives with each reply. (Let me know via PM or whatever what you think, as I may just be misunderstanding him - if you think I've not understood what he's saying, because I'm just trying to further my understanding).

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thanks Amir for the great EQ on the LCD-X 2021! sounds great.

IMG_5729.JPG

Jonne Haven

LCD-X 2021 EQ Revision 10-08-22
For Lovers Of Sub Bass, Punch, And Slam

This time around I had the great benefit of being able to measure my EQ results in REW (Thank you @staticV3!) with @oratory1990's most excellent measurements as you can see in this EQ applied graph overlayed with the Harman Target Curve 2018.

Based, in part, on the Harman Target Curve this EQ adds back some of the Audeze house warmth in the custard smooth mids without making vocalists unrealistically nasal sounding but with a gorgeous and exciting overall tonality. Improved imaging and sense of space between instruments from the last EQ Revision. Locating exactly the placement of sounds is now more natural than ever enhancing that holographic nature of the LCD-Xs that we all love.

LCD-X REW EQ Applied Measurement Graph Post 100822.jpg

This EQ truly extends the sub bass all the way down to 20Hz as the graph shows (a horizontal line instead of the typical right to left downward slope) which adds an impactful presence to tracks that are mixed/mastered to utilize ALL of the low end. I wanted my LCD-X to most accurately recreate my speaker and subwoofer setup which extends completely down through 20Hz which it now does with this EQ Revision. True sub bass extension!

LCD-X EQ Numbers Post Update 100822.jpg

I acknowledge ahead of time that there are a large number of filters utilized. It is necessary to make sections of the EQ more adjustable with a single filter, to hug the Harman Curve as tightly as I did in parts, and to capture various nuances with detailed resolution. Thankfully with preset saving you only have to enter it once; also I use Equalizer APO and I personally hear no sound degradation of any kind. YMMV. Nuff said about that.

LCD-X EQ Post Update 100822.jpg

80Hz is exaggerated in order to target bass drums and make them slam and cut through the mix. The dip before 40.2Hz is there to give sub, sub bass some punch to bass guitars and the low, low end of kick drums.

I've intentially emphasized the "magic" frequencies from 3450-4350Hz, one of the sweet spots of this headphone, and I think it sounds great but depending on how the tracks YOU listen to are mastered you may have to decrease these frequencies if it sounds too "sharp" or "shouty". Fortunately I've made it easy, just turn up or down the gain value of Filter 16 to taste and find your own happy setting.

Preamp: -17.35 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 21 Hz Gain 3.46 dB Q 1.2
Filter 2: ON LSC Fc 40.2 Hz Gain 5.4 dB Q 0.69
Filter 3: ON LSC Fc 40.2 Hz Gain 1.08 dB Q 4
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 80 Hz Gain 6.75 dB Q 1.6
Filter 5: ON LSC Fc 90 Hz Gain 7.25 dB Q 0.65
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 110 Hz Gain 2.7 dB Q 1.41
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 200 Hz Gain -3.35 dB Q 2.34
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 300 Hz Gain 3.05 dB Q 1.2
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 575 Hz Gain 3.25 dB Q 3
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 785 Hz Gain -2.6 dB Q 2.2
Filter 11: ON HSC Fc 1235 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 2.4
Filter 12: ON HSC Fc 1500 Hz Gain 8.1 dB Q 0.71
Filter 13: ON PK Fc 1910 Hz Gain 1.45 dB Q 4
Filter 14: ON PK Fc 2700 Hz Gain -2.75 dB Q 2
Filter 15: ON PK Fc 3450 Hz Gain 1.1 dB Q 5
Filter 16: ON PK Fc 3750 Hz Gain 3.1 dB Q 1.7
Filter 17: ON PK Fc 4350 Hz Gain 2.3 dB Q 3.5
Filter 18: ON PK Fc 5500 Hz Gain -2.35 dB Q 4.5
Filter 19: ON PK Fc 6100 Hz Gain -3.75 dB Q 2.5
Filter 20: ON PK Fc 6500 Hz Gain 2.45 dB Q 5
Filter 21: ON PK Fc 7350 Hz Gain -1.65 dB Q 3.5
Filter 22: ON PK Fc 10000 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 0.8
Filter 23: ON HSC Fc 13000 Hz Gain 1.75 dB Q 1.4

To increase or decrease bass, adjust gain to Filter 5 to taste.
To increase or decrease high-mid range “shoutiness”, adjust Filter 16 to taste.
To increase or decrease treble, adjust gain to Filter 22 to taste.
To increase or decrease upper treble/sparkle/air, adjust gain to Filter 23 to taste.

Here is an original track of mine that I find to be well balanced and good to test this EQ out on:
Jonne Haven - Dusty Road

Another original track to try out is my cover of The Archies - Sugar, Sugar:

To hear what this EQ is doing from the starting point of the stock sound, which is very good on its own too IMO BTW, I would encourage you to make two presets in your preferred EQ software. One with this EQ and the other with a flat EQ and a preamp value of -13.35 to approximate loudnesses. Get your best reference tracks and A/B away!

Congratulations on getting this far! Remember this is just how I like to listen to my LCD-X... I'm not selling anything, just sharing my experience with these awesome and incredibly EQ-able HPs!
Immerse!

Blessings,
-Jonne

Attachments

• Jonne Haven LCD-X 2021 EQ 100822.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 62

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
LCD-X 2021 EQ Revision 10-08-22
For Lovers Of Sub Bass, Punch, And Slam

This time around I had the great benefit of being able to measure my EQ results in REW (Thank you @staticV3!) with @oratory1990's most excellent measurements as you can see in this EQ applied graph overlayed with the Harman Target Curve 2018.

Based, in part, on the Harman Target Curve this EQ adds back some of the Audeze house warmth in the custard smooth mids without making vocalists unrealistically nasal sounding but with a gorgeous and exciting overall tonality. Improved imaging and sense of space between instruments from the last EQ Revision. Locating exactly the placement of sounds is now more natural than ever enhancing that holographic nature of the LCD-Xs that we all love.

View attachment 236088

This EQ truly extends the sub bass all the way down to 20Hz as the graph shows (a horizontal line instead of the typical right to left downward slope) which adds an impactful presence to tracks that are mixed/mastered to utilize ALL of the low end. I wanted my LCD-X to most accurately recreate my speaker and subwoofer setup which extends completely down through 20Hz which it now does with this EQ Revision. True sub bass extension!

View attachment 236089

I acknowledge ahead of time that there are a large number of filters utilized. It is necessary to make sections of the EQ more adjustable with a single filter, to hug the Harman Curve as tightly as I did in parts, and to capture various nuances with detailed resolution. Thankfully with preset saving you only have to enter it once; also I use Equalizer APO and I personally hear no sound degradation of any kind. YMMV. Nuff said about that.

View attachment 236090

80Hz is exaggerated in order to target bass drums and make them slam and cut through the mix. The dip before 40.2Hz is there to give sub, sub bass some punch to bass guitars and the low, low end of kick drums.

I've intentially emphasized the "magic" frequencies from 3450-4350Hz, one of the sweet spots of this headphone, and I think it sounds great but depending on how the tracks YOU listen to are mastered you may have to decrease these frequencies if it sounds too "sharp" or "shouty". Fortunately I've made it easy, just turn up or down the gain value of Filter 16 to taste and find your own happy setting.

Preamp: -17.35 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 21 Hz Gain 3.46 dB Q 1.2
Filter 3: ON LSC Fc 40.2 Hz Gain 1.08 dB Q 4
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 80 Hz Gain 6.75 dB Q 1.6
Filter 5: ON LSC Fc 90 Hz Gain 7.25 dB Q 0.65
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 110 Hz Gain 2.7 dB Q 1.41
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 200 Hz Gain -3.35 dB Q 2.34
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 300 Hz Gain 3.05 dB Q 1.2
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 575 Hz Gain 3.25 dB Q 3
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 785 Hz Gain -2.6 dB Q 2.2
Filter 12: ON HSC Fc 1500 Hz Gain 8.1 dB Q 0.71
Filter 13: ON PK Fc 1910 Hz Gain 1.45 dB Q 4
Filter 14: ON PK Fc 2700 Hz Gain -2.75 dB Q 2
Filter 15: ON PK Fc 3450 Hz Gain 1.1 dB Q 5
Filter 16: ON PK Fc 3750 Hz Gain 3.1 dB Q 1.7
Filter 17: ON PK Fc 4350 Hz Gain 2.3 dB Q 3.5
Filter 18: ON PK Fc 5500 Hz Gain -2.35 dB Q 4.5
Filter 19: ON PK Fc 6100 Hz Gain -3.75 dB Q 2.5
Filter 20: ON PK Fc 6500 Hz Gain 2.45 dB Q 5
Filter 21: ON PK Fc 7350 Hz Gain -1.65 dB Q 3.5
Filter 22: ON PK Fc 10000 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 0.8
Filter 23: ON HSC Fc 13000 Hz Gain 1.75 dB Q 1.4

To increase or decrease bass, adjust gain to Filter 5 to taste.
To increase or decrease high-mid range “shoutiness”, adjust Filter 16 to taste.
To increase or decrease treble, adjust gain to Filter 22 to taste.
To increase or decrease upper treble/sparkle/air, adjust gain to Filter 23 to taste.

Here is an original track of mine that I find to be well balanced and good to test this EQ out on:
Jonne Haven - Dusty Road

Another original track to try out is my cover of The Archies - Sugar, Sugar:

To hear what this EQ is doing from the starting point of the stock sound, which is very good on its own too IMO BTW, I would encourage you to make two presets in your preferred EQ software. One with this EQ and the other with a flat EQ and a preamp value of -13.35 to approximate loudnesses. Get your best reference tracks and A/B away!

Congratulations on getting this far! Remember this is just how I like to listen to my LCD-X... I'm not selling anything, just sharing my experience with these awesome and incredibly EQ-able HPs!
Immerse!

Blessings,
-Jonne
Gave you a like for learning how to use REW and to show it's effect of your EQ on the Oratory measurement - that's a very useful process to learn, and does indeed show other people exactly what your EQ is doing to the measurement. I don't think I'd agree with your EQ, but that's largely subjective.

Postlan

I'm still hesitating to pull the trigger on this because of this dip at the most critical frequency range, even I don't mind using EQ. I wonder if anyone has found the cause that makes this dip. Is it acoustic design error or intrinsic issue of this type of headphone? It seems Audenze still keep improving this design, so I honestly feel that I should wait a year or so to see next version which may completely fix this issue, and keep using my HD600 until then...

Postlan

So we're expecting to see a better version of this product soon, or current batch has already been vastly improved? I find it's very confusing that Audeze's approach continuously improving their stuffs batch by batch. We can't know what is the frequency response of the unit we receive and it's difficult to apply EQ based on published measurements.

"Our philosophy has always been to make the best headphones we can, every time we make them. As with most any manufacturer striving for constant improvement, we make small incremental changes to nearly every batch of headphones we build. Sometimes those changes are based on what we learned making the last batch and sometimes they're based on new knowledge from other sources. Our hope is that every change leads to some improvement in either sonics, reliability or efficiency. Over time these changes can add up to larger differences that may be noticeable when comparing older and newer examples."

Last edited:

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So we're expecting to see a better version of this product soon, or current batch has already been vastly improved? I find it's very confusing that Audeze's approach continuously improving their stuffs batch by batch. We can't know what is the frequency response of the unit we receive and it's difficult to apply EQ based on published measurements.

"Our philosophy has always been to make the best headphones we can, every time we make them. As with most any manufacturer striving for constant improvement, we make small incremental changes to nearly every batch of headphones we build. Sometimes those changes are based on what we learned making the last batch and sometimes they're based on new knowledge from other sources. Our hope is that every change leads to some improvement in either sonics, reliability or efficiency. Over time these changes can add up to larger differences that may be noticeable when comparing older and newer examples."
I have to say, I don't like that philosophy, means you can't rely on EQ - how true what they say I don't know, I also don't know to what extent they tweak a headphone model through it's production life. I'd prefer them to keep it the same & instead release it as a new model.....however they might be overstating what they say there and perhaps they don't change them that much.

Jonne Haven

I have to say, I don't like that philosophy, means you can't rely on EQ - how true what they say I don't know, I also don't know to what extent they tweak a headphone model through it's production life. I'd prefer them to keep it the same & instead release it as a new model.....however they might be overstating what they say there and perhaps they don't change them that much.
Completely agree.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Here's how one random filter compares across sample rates, once as PEQ once as GEQ:
GEQ vs Sample Rate.png PEQ vs Sample Rate.png
Could you please post above PEQ values as I have a suspicion about their reason?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Could you please post above PEQ values as I have a suspicion about their reason?
Both the PEQ and GEQ are attached below.

The PEQ was measured once using EQApo+Peace (changing the DAC's Fs in the Sound Control Panel between runs), and once using Mathaudio HeadphoneEQ plugin for foobar2000 (ASIO output). Both produced identical differences.
The GEQ was measured with vanilla EQApo, again changing the Fs in the Sound Control Panel.

Attachments

• PEQ vs GEQ.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 46

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Both the PEQ and GEQ are attached below.
Thank you, this confirms my suspicion, the very wide and high frequency 19886 Hz Gain -7.7 dB Q 0.46 filter is active above the fs/2 limit of the lower sampling frequencies, creating such an error/artefact. This one of the reasons why automatically computed filters should be checked and applied only with upmost care. If they are applied sensibly they don't make differences with different sample rates unless there is bug in the software which doesn't seem to be the case here though.

GaryH

Major Contributor
Thank you, this confirms my suspicion, the very wide and high frequency 19886 Hz Gain -7.7 dB Q 0.46 filter is active above the fs/2 limit of the lower sampling frequencies, creating such an error/artefact. This one of the reasons why automatically computed filters should be checked and applied only with upmost care. If they are applied sensibly they don't make differences with different sample rates unless there is bug in the software which doesn't seem to be the case here though.
Thanks, this resolves it, and confirms my suspicion something was off with those results, and that professionals in the field like Oratory do in fact know what they're talking about when they say the effect of sample rate on sensibly chosen PEQ filters is negligible below, and marginal at worst above 10 kHz (where shelf rather than peak filters should be used anyway, if any).

Last edited:

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks, this resolves it, and confirms my suspicion something was off with those results, and that professionals in the field like Oratory do in fact know what they're talking about when they say the effect of sample rate on sensibly chosen PEQ filters is negligible below, and marginal at worst above 10 kHz (where shelf rather than peak filters should be used anyway, if any).
Gosh darn it, when I was discussing it with him in reddit I either missed those graphs Oratory put up showing the differences or he edited his post later. Saved those graphs to my PC for future reference. (Hmm, actually, I didn't miss those graphs originally as I quoted them, lol.....instead I must have been in a bit of a dogmatic mood!)

Last edited:

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Exactly, also for several other reasons peaking filters in the upper frequency region (even worse when they are narrow and/or positive) cause more problems than they solve, which is one of the reasons why equalising a poor transducer or room cannot make them really good.

Jonne Haven

LCD-X 2021 EQ Revisions 12-04-22

I'll be posting 2 EQs this time for the LCD-X 2021 for the reasons that one (I'll called the "Harman Perfect") I find beautiful on 95% of songs but too sharp on the 5% of songs that are mastered distastefully. The other (I'll call "Harman Truncated") is more of a one size fits all but is less detailed and lacks that Wow! factor, but you rarely get a sharp tone.

The "Harman Perfect" EQ tightly hugs the Harman Target Curve from the frequencies from 900Hz-7500Hz most notably the 'critical frequencies' from 3325-4350Hz. I did not follow the Harman Curve blindly, in fact for a long time I did not agree with much of it until by trial and error I found that if I followed it tightly there is "SOMETHING" to it that I found incredibly euphonic. Songs I'd heard 100s of times before suddenly gave me chicken skin the more I adhered to the Curve. YMMV of course but give it a try like I did and see what happens.
Now the only problem with following the Harman Curve in the critical frequencies is that it is SO detailed that you might come across the occasional Eminem type song with an over excited snare drum that is just not mastered for the Curve in those frequencies and can present as sharp and shouty. But I find for 95% of songs the whole sound is represented without too much or too little anywhere within the frequencies I adhere to the Curve. Take it as fun experiment or take it as your new overall preference, it depends on your subjective ear.

LCD-X Harman Perfect FR Post Update 120422.jpg

As per usual with my EQs 80Hz is emphasize to allow kick drums to cut through the mix. Sub bass is extended all the way flatly down to 20Hz for bottomless sub bass impact. 300Hz and 575Hz are emphasized to bring out the top end of kick drums and the meatier parts of snare drums respectively. Complimenting the overall sound punch and slam that the LCD-X already has.

Harman Perfect EQ
Channel: all
Preamp: -17.4 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 21 Hz Gain 3.54 dB Q 1.2
Filter 3: ON LSC Fc 40.2 Hz Gain 1.07 dB Q 4
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 80 Hz Gain 7.09 dB Q 1.7
Filter 5: ON LSC Fc 90 Hz Gain 7.26 dB Q 0.65
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 115 Hz Gain 2.4 dB Q 1.41
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 200 Hz Gain -3.12 dB Q 2.4
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 300 Hz Gain 3.25 dB Q 1.5
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 575 Hz Gain 3.7 dB Q 3
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 785 Hz Gain -2.45 dB Q 2.2
Filter 12: ON HSC Fc 1500 Hz Gain 8.1 dB Q 0.72
Filter 13: ON PK Fc 1750 Hz Gain 0.35 dB Q 3
Filter 14: ON PK Fc 1910 Hz Gain 1.24 dB Q 5
Filter 15: ON PK Fc 2000 Hz Gain -0.16 dB Q 5
Filter 16: ON PK Fc 2700 Hz Gain -3.07 dB Q 2
Filter 17: ON PK Fc 3325 Hz Gain 0.34 dB Q 4.8
Filter 18: ON PK Fc 3485 Hz Gain 1.67 dB Q 4.9
Filter 19: ON PK Fc 3750 Hz Gain 3 dB Q 1.7
Filter 20: ON PK Fc 3850 Hz Gain 1.05 dB Q 4.7
Filter 21: ON PK Fc 4015 Hz Gain -1.15 dB Q 5
Filter 22: ON PK Fc 4350 Hz Gain 2.5 dB Q 3.5
Filter 23: ON PK Fc 5400 Hz Gain -0.9 dB Q 3.8
Filter 24: ON PK Fc 5600 Hz Gain -1.9 dB Q 5
Filter 25: ON PK Fc 6100 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 2.5
Filter 26: ON PK Fc 6500 Hz Gain 2.32 dB Q 5
Filter 27: ON PK Fc 7350 Hz Gain -1.58 dB Q 3.5
Filter 28: ON PK Fc 10000 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 0.8
Filter 29: ON HSC Fc 13000 Hz Gain 1.74 dB Q 1.4
Filter 30: ON PK Fc 20500 Hz Gain 0.1 dB Q 0.7

To tailor bass adjust the gain of Filter 5 to taste then change Pre-amp value back to -0.1.
To tailor high-mid shoutiness adjust the gain of Filter 19 to taste.
To tailor treble adjust the gain of Filter 28 to taste.
To tailor high-treble sparkle/shine adjust the gain of Filter 29 to taste.

The second EQ I call the "Harman Truncated" EQ is identical to the "Harman Perfect" except for the frequencies including and slightly surrounding the 'critical frequencies' from 3325-4350Hz. You'll notice in the graph that there is a dip around the middle of these frequencies. This is to accommodate even poorly mastered songs so that when that occasion overly sharp snare or an over excited vocalist's Sss sound shows up it is not ear breaking. It is a safer EQ but lacks the extra Wow factor of the Harman Perfect EQ. This EQ is most like the past EQs that I've posted. Which you prefer is subjective but each IMHO has it's value.

LCD-X Harman Truncated FR Post Update 120422.jpg

Harman Truncated EQ
Channel: all
Preamp: -17.4 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 21 Hz Gain 3.54 dB Q 1.2
Filter 3: ON LSC Fc 40.2 Hz Gain 1.07 dB Q 4
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 80 Hz Gain 7.09 dB Q 1.7
Filter 5: ON LSC Fc 90 Hz Gain 7.26 dB Q 0.65
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 115 Hz Gain 2.4 dB Q 1.41
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 200 Hz Gain -3.12 dB Q 2.4
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 300 Hz Gain 3.25 dB Q 1.5
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 575 Hz Gain 3.7 dB Q 3
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 785 Hz Gain -2.45 dB Q 2.2
Filter 12: ON HSC Fc 1500 Hz Gain 8.1 dB Q 0.72
Filter 13: ON PK Fc 1750 Hz Gain 0.41 dB Q 3
Filter 14: ON PK Fc 1910 Hz Gain 1.23 dB Q 5
Filter 15: ON PK Fc 2000 Hz Gain -0.2 dB Q 4
Filter 16: ON PK Fc 2700 Hz Gain -3.01 dB Q 2
Filter 17: ON PK Fc 3450 Hz Gain 1 dB Q 5
Filter 18: ON PK Fc 3750 Hz Gain 3.1 dB Q 1.7
Filter 19: ON PK Fc 4007 Hz Gain -0.45 dB Q 6
Filter 20: ON PK Fc 4350 Hz Gain 2.4 dB Q 3.5
Filter 21: ON PK Fc 5400 Hz Gain -0.9 dB Q 3.8
Filter 22: ON PK Fc 5600 Hz Gain -1.9 dB Q 5
Filter 23: ON PK Fc 6100 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 2.5
Filter 24: ON PK Fc 6500 Hz Gain 2.32 dB Q 5
Filter 25: ON PK Fc 7350 Hz Gain -1.58 dB Q 3.5
Filter 26: ON PK Fc 10000 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 0.8
Filter 27: ON HSC Fc 13000 Hz Gain 1.74 dB Q 1.4
Filter 28: ON PK Fc 20500 Hz Gain 0.1 dB Q 0.7

To tailor bass adjust the gain of Filter 5 to taste then change Pre-amp value back to -0.1.
To tailor high-mid shoutiness adjust the gain of Filter 18 to taste.
To tailor treble adjust the gain of Filter 26 to taste.
To tailor high-treble sparkle/shine adjust the gain of Filter 27 to taste.

I know and have already been told ad nauseam that I use a lot filters and have large pre-amp values. I use a lot of filters because I have an anal retentive ear and I also develop my EQs so that aspects of them can be changed with a single filter if so desired. Also with the attached .txt file all you have to do is use the import function in PEACE to avoid having to manually enter values! I have a large pre-amp value because I love sub-bass and find it fun. This is not for everybody I know which is why I make it easily adjustable to taste. I have not noticed any sound degradation using Equalizer APO and I've been working in sound engineering for over 25 years. I have no more to say about that.

A great song to appreciate the "Harman Perfect" EQ with is this Sarah McLachlan song, "Prayer of Saint Francis":

Remember that I am not selling anything, just sharing my appreciation of the headphone experience. Nor am I preaching that you must EQ. Each person has their own opinions about that and I respect that. Please respect my choice to EQ and if you're also a proponent of EQ, do try them out and see if maybe there is something there that you like! Happy Listening!!!

Blessings,
-Jonne

Attachments

• LCD-X EQ Harman Perfect Post 120422.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 56
  • LCD-X EQ Harman Truncated Post 120422.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 55

ishmeister

I bought the LCD-X 2021 version brand new recently and they arrived with both pads almost completely detached. I stuck the pads back on but by the next day they had come off again. There apparently was a bad batch of the adhesive and these are still being sold instead of being recalled. The retailer (in the UK) offered to return them for repair and this could take 2 weeks.

Is it unreasonable for me to be annoyed about this? I bought a new item but feel like I'm getting a refurbished item with an extra 2 week wait time.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought the LCD-X 2021 version brand new recently and they arrived with both pads almost completely detached. I stuck the pads back on but by the next day they had come off again. There apparently was a bad batch of the adhesive and these are still being sold instead of being recalled. The retailer (in the UK) offered to return them for repair and this could take 2 weeks.

Is it unreasonable for me to be annoyed about this? I bought a new item but feel like I'm getting a refurbished item with an extra 2 week wait time.
I would ask your retailer to supply you with the adhesive rings that stick the pads on and give you a reasonable partial refund rather than the faff of a return.

ishmeister

I would ask your retailer to supply you with the adhesive rings that stick the pads on and give you a reasonable partial refund rather than the faff of a return.
That was one of the suggested options but when I asked Audeze they said this:

You don't need to remove all the old adhesive for the new PSA rings to work, but you'll need to remove any base layers from the old earpads before the adhesive will stick. There are a few ways to do this, depending on your comfort with the various tools, how old the previous adhesive is, etc. Use caution and work within your comfort zone to prevent any damage and/or injury, which Audeze cannot be held responsible for. The methods below are for guidance only, and any actions taken are done so at your own risk.

I'd attempt this on a used unit or one I had owned for a while. But a new one? That the retailer would even suggest this is bonkers in my opinion.

Top Bottom