• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Attention seeking? ... what do you mean, attention seeking ...

fas42

Major Contributor

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Boy, does he! :D Love to see more of him than the cruise ship singer.

I get the feeling that the drummer controls the band [maybe owns], and everyone else is cog in his machine.

iridium.

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
:rolleyes:Prolly not a session drummer.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
1986 (First Trip): All the little snack bars in Japan have the laser karaoke systems...

At one bar we'd go to for other reasons, we called Matsudate, I think it was the owner's last name, we'd be highly encouraged to sing a song once somebody else decided it was Karaoke time -- "Oh please sing!"

So we'd dutifully check the songbook one more time, only a few of the hundreds of selections would be in English. "I Left my Heart in SanFrancisco", "Jumpin' Jack Frash", "Love Me Tender", etc.

Anyway, a local Public School Vocal Teacher was there one night, and, I suppose, in honor of us visiting Gaijin, chose to sing "My Way" in her most professional voice and broken English, but got more and more emotional as she went through the verses, and was in tears nearly to the state of collapse by the end of the song.

1992 (Second Trip): Found out Mr Matsudate blew his mind out in a car, he didn't notice that the light had changed. Drunk driving, they said.

Ah, that would explain it.

As might this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/07/korean-drummer-kwon-soon-keun_n_1947070.html

and this - scroll to 30 seconds

OP
fas42

fas42

Major Contributor

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks Ray. That was a fascinating watch. Really liked the story he told of when he played in front of American soldiers when the bombs started to fall and he kept playing. Great lesson in having passion.

OP
fas42

fas42

Major Contributor
Didn't know The Donald moonlighted ...

Top Bottom