• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Atom AMP a noticeable upgrade from the O2?

PolkFan

Forum Donor
Due to this evil virus i have been stuck inside kind of bored and wanting to play with some knew toys i really want to see if getting the new Atom Amp would be worth it?

I currently own the DT 770's 80ohm
AKG k7xx and my newly ordered K712 Pro's that should be here later this week.

Also new to this site i LOVE it and if i can't post stuff like this here i'm super sorry i just love the objective views here and that is something that isn't a common thing in audio community's.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The O2 is portable and desktop.
The Atom is desktop only.

In your case there won't be any audible benefits.
Any differences are in weight, size, material (aluminium vs plastic) functionality/inputs and outputs.

OP
PolkFan

PolkFan

Forum Donor
I didn't think i would notice as i read even 200mW was max let alone 500 or so that the o2 gives.

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
They're both priced at approximately $100. Does that say it all?

OP
PolkFan

PolkFan

Forum Donor

half_dog

Well, there was one case I had problem with O2 and I´m not sure but NwAvGuy might have talked about this... My O2 used to saturate (clip) with a modded Superlux HD681 (32ohm) and those mods made it even less efficient mainly at low frequencies - those cans has already some distortion at lows. I have an Atom and so far I have no problem at all in any situation...

M0du1e

There is review of Atom vs O2:
TL;DR: He prefers O2 because of build quality, he also mentioned there is no audible difference between them.

Top Bottom