• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ATC active 50’s Yew !

Vintage57

Forum Donor
AFAIK the S-spec is only the tweeter and its been around since 2014. I think that’s the correct date.

9radua1

AFAIK the S-spec is only the tweeter and its been around since 2014. I think that’s the correct date.
SL-spec*
I’m sure the mesurements tell a true story regarding SPL, I was just curious to see if the SL dome would show better or similar results.

Last edited:

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think Neumann's range recommendations are probably very conservative.
I believe the recommended distances are to do with direct sound dominating.
I have looked into a few pro speakers and the only make giving a nice chart is Genelec, which for my listening distance means only their biggest monitor is suitable on that basis. I think this would be overkill for dynamics (though tempting...)

Vintage57

Forum Donor

Vindermere

The new soft dome tweeter in house SH25-76 25mm is first class :
It uses a special dual suspension system that suppresses rocking modes, as well as a short edge-wound voice coil in a long narrow magnetic gap to eliminate the need for ferrofluids for cooling. With a 15,000 gauss (1.5 tesla) neodymium magnet, a precision-machined 5.5mm rigid alloy waveguide, and a heat-treated top plate that increases heat dissipation, the SH25-76 tweeter delivers (according to ATC) "optimum dispersion, flat on-axis frequency response, and resonance-free operation.
Beyond the technical features, listening it’s one of the best tweeters on the market both solving but never aggressive.

9radua1

The new soft dome tweeter in house SH25-76 25mm is first class :
It uses a special dual suspension system that suppresses rocking modes, as well as a short edge-wound voice coil in a long narrow magnetic gap to eliminate the need for ferrofluids for cooling. With a 15,000 gauss (1.5 tesla) neodymium magnet, a precision-machined 5.5mm rigid alloy waveguide, and a heat-treated top plate that increases heat dissipation, the SH25-76 tweeter delivers (according to ATC) "optimum dispersion, flat on-axis frequency response, and resonance-free operation.
Beyond the technical features, listening it’s one of the best tweeters on the market both solving but never aggressive.

I think it is voiced too hot, at least in the 40 and 40A. I have to shelf the treble down by -3 dB to make it sound natural (downward sloping in-room response).

Last edited:
Top Bottom