• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aston Martin Returns to F1 After 61 Years

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
I used to use a dealer here in Boston that brought cars in for Jay Leno. He put an F1 out in the lot just like any car with a standard sticker with all the fuel efficiency info, $1,300,000 sticker price.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I used to use a dealer here in Boston that brought cars in for Jay Leno. He put an F1 out in the lot just like any car with a standard sticker with all the fuel efficiency info, $1,300,000 sticker price.
I googled you... :D
"His recreational interests include cooking, golf, Chinese painting and music."

I enjoy painting Bob Ross style mountainous stuff on my pooder with a Wacom tablet. I love the mountains and the associated fresh air.
I cook and eat my food but even with my years of experience from a younger age when I washed dishes in a Chinese restaurant as I put myself through college I have never become a gourmet chef. I enjoyed traditional Chinese cuisine and not the Americanised rubbish we usually see. I'm a expert/advanced skier but I don't ski much these days. :D Howdy. :D

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
I enjoy painting Bob Ross style mountainous stuff on my pooder with a Wacom tablet.
I enjoyed traditional Chinese cuisine and not the Americanised rubbish we usually see. I'm a expert/advanced skier but I don't ski much these days.

The penalty of real names. My wife gave me a Bob Ross chia head for Christmas. As for Chinese food I like traditional Cantonese Dim Sum, chicken feet with fish maw, tripe, pig stomach, etc. I skied about 10 feet once that was the end of that.

I should add that I bid $15,000 on Karen Carpenter's Jaguar on eBay, knowing that it would go higher. But you always take the risk.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The maintenance schedule would have been murder along with tire costs. Fuel is probably cheap compared to the tires.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The penalty of real names. My wife gave me a Bob Ross chia head for Christmas. As for Chinese food I like traditional Cantonese Dim Sum, chicken feet with fish maw, tripe, pig stomach, etc. I skied about 10 feet once that was the end of that.
Hehe... I started hitch hiking at age 4 at a ski resort mountain and got my ski-ing legs and lifestyle from there. (There was usually a dozen children hitching in front of the Bank of Montreal. Would be very illegal today and I agree.) Yes, I ate chicken legs, various fleshy bits of various beasts and swimmers and some stuff most would never approach and some other weird appendages but they always had good sauce. OM nom noM... :D

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's the same team that used to be Jordan, several buyouts later, current owners seem to be taking it very seriously, even though in part it's 'daddy bought me a f1 team to drive for'. They will probably be fighting for 3rd in the constructors championship this year, if SB stops the silly mistakes.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Basically a Canadian marketing billionaire has bought majority holdings in the Aston Martin car company and also the "Silverstone Team" which was originally Jordan Grand Prix but has had a lot of names since Eddie cashed in.
They raced as Racing Point last year and are a bunch of very experienced guys who have punched above their weight in F1 some seasons. I wish them well.
He is completely right on the road cars side, it is all marketing. On the F1 side marketing has nothing to do with success, though maybe success helps marketing :)

Top Bottom