• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Assistance in creating REW EQ filters, please

thorvat

@thorvat thank you for the well wishes, hope you had a good holiday. See below a comparison between predicted and measured:

View attachment 175269

View attachment 175270

Would you be thinking about tweaking the filters based on that response?

Also, what do you think is going on at about 600Hz in the comparison below? Are the responses out of phase?

View attachment 175272

This looks quite all right! How are you satisfied with the way it sounds?

P.S. No, I don't think you've got phase issues here

OP
R

ricof

This looks quite all right! How are you satisfied with the way it sounds?

P.S. No, I don't think you've got phase issues here
I'm not sure if it's my ears that are still a bit 'off' from the virus but the balance sounds a bit strange, as if its biased towards the the left channel. But this may be due to the position of the speakers - they are quite far apart relative to my listening position.

thorvat

I'm not sure if it's my ears that are still a bit 'off' from the virus but the balance sounds a bit strange, as if its biased towards the the left channel. But this may be due to the position of the speakers - they are quite far apart relative to my listening position.

Try adding this filter to your left channel, this should fix wide channel imbalance center around 4100Hz.

If you think that left channel is louder than right channel try to adjust with the balance control or move your left speaker slightly further away from your LP.

Capture.JPG

Blue=left, green=right
Capture1.JPG

Dumdum

Try adding this filter to your left channel, this should fix wide channel imbalance center around 4100Hz.

If you think that left channel is louder than right channel try to adjust with the balance control or move your left speaker slightly further away from your LP.

View attachment 175722

Blue=left, green=right
View attachment 175723
Moving the speaker will effect arrival times of the two and therefore phase, he gets excellent summation throughout all freqs from a previous graph so distance should not be changed, adjusting levels is perfect

If you really want to play use some 1/3 octave banded pink noise and go through the bands, all 30 should be centred, if you find one that’s not try a q of 4.3 in that spot and either drop the side which sounds like the sound is towards

All 30 bands should be centred (well the lowest probably won’t register… but these are least important), this uses your ears and not a mic, a mic is only as good as the method used to collect its information, ears are what you hear with and don’t change (apart from getting old… woohoo!)

Top Bottom