• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR's place in the hifi firmament

OP
D

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Gawd bless you brimble!
40 years old! Never mind Genelec, or indeed Spendor. Whatever your speakers are, they are the ones to get.
Durability, and because you post on these forums, they must sound great.

OP
D

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
David
He just seems so vicious towards any criticism. I did enjoy the $450,000 turntable review mind. And particularly the comments!

David Harper

David
He just seems so vicious towards any criticism. I did enjoy the $450,000 turntable review mind. And particularly the comments!
yea he can be like a snake. A couple months ago I posted a comment at the end of his review of a pair of Wilson Audio Chronosonic XVX loudspeakers ($329,000) and I mentioned how expensive and ugly they are (and they are really ugly take a look at them). His response was surprisingly restrained. You can read the review on the stereophile site.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Regarding Michael Fremer: He touts LPs as state of the art. They are not. He claims that inner-groove distortion is fixable with the right gear and adjustments. It isn't, most of inner-groove distortion comes from the groove functionally slowing down. The distortion will go up as the stylus moves towards the deadwax. Nothing can be done about it. Michael Fremer is also frequently incredibly rude. Disabuse yourself of the notion that he has " best audiophile ears on the planet". He doesn't.
Are you trying to say Mr. Fremer is a common ordinary Swine?

Robin L

Master Contributor
OP
D

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
I really shouldn't post on any "Social media", type sites. Fremmer, literally frightened me off Stereophile with his comments! I know, pathetic of me.
Thanks to this site, I do go back, and also venture into Mordor! (analog planet).
No need for me to comment over there, on the tosh. There are better people than me, to do that! :facepalm:

Top Bottom