• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Marc v E

Major Contributor
@Racheski @amirm : would you consider adding a threshold of hearing/transparancy line in the graphs?

That knowledge helped me a lot in understanding what is money well spend. I notice it is a recurring thing in threads that comment on reviews.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Thanks to all involved - it's a definite improvement.

One oddity I noticed - for Type 'ADC/DAC Interface' and Channels 'Multichannel' only the MOTU 624 shows up. Others I would expect to see like the 18i8, M4 and Xonar don't.

I propose adding 'balanced' as a tag too, since it crops up in people's requirements from time to time.

What are the requirements for data entry? I may be able to help with the above.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
@Racheski @amirm : would you consider adding a threshold of hearing/transparancy line in the graphs?

That knowledge helped me a lot in understanding what is money well spend. I notice it is a recurring thing in threads that comment on reviews.
The threshold of transparency depends on playback level and system setup, gain structure.

There's a thread by @flipflop that has lenient and strict thresholds: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-thresholds-of-amp-and-dac-measurements.5734/

If you want to take psychoacoustic masking into account it gets a lot more complicated.

ahl

For Gr research xls encore include the price of a complete finished speaker rather than only price of kit for a realistic price. Thats 269 (kit) + 500 (finished cabinets from Gr research ). 385 per speaker.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
For Gr research xls encore include the price of a complete finished speaker rather than only price of kit for a realistic price. Thats 269 (kit) + 500 (finished cabinets from Gr research ). 385 per speaker.
Thanks.

eyeral

hello, how can i solve this problem with this page showing? eyeg

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
hello, how can i solve this problem with this page showing? eyeg
I think it's an issue on your side. No problem loading the review pages on my computer or phone.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
For the Infinity 253 tower, Amir changed his recommendation to a Yes after learning about his amp failure. So not sure who needs to change that.
Will fix.

Jbrunwa

If the numbers in the review indexes are correct, Amir has conducted nearly 1,000 reviews!

772 electronics
166 speakers
057 headphones
————————
995 total reviews

Semla

If the numbers in the review indexes are correct, Amir has conducted nearly 1,000 reviews!

772 electronics
166 speakers
057 headphones
————————
995 total reviews
He passed that milestone somewhere in July - data entry is lagging a bit behind.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Vincent Kars

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Little snafu, the table says RME ADI-2 Pro but the link points to the Lynx HiLo

1636730850002.png

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Little snafu, the table says RME ADI-2 Pro but the link points to the Lynx HiLo

View attachment 164929
No, it's correct. Scroll down to find comparative measurements of the RME. In Amir's old review format he would often do on the spot comparisons with other devices.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
for some reason the index cannot be viewed on iOS (iPad/iPhone) ?
No problem viewing on iPad, Macbook or iPhone here.

Vincent Kars

Technical Expert
No, it's correct. Scroll down to find comparative measurements of the RME. In Amir's old review format he would often do on the spot comparisons with other devices.
I see, thanks

Dennis_FL

Forum Donor
The KEF LS50 metas are missing from the database.

Also...I remember seeing the music tracts amir uses to subjectively rate speakers but now I can't find it. Anyone remember which review that was in?

Top Bottom