• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR Panthers

bboris77

Almost 50 posts on this subject, and nobody has brought this up? Ok, I will bite :)

Not literally.

1620215382892.png

Katji

Major Contributor
Up to 5 days per match and can still end in a tie. Or have rain and no play for half a week.
It seems to be all ODI now. At least that's all I see, and T20. ...And the first day of the recent T20, SA and Pakistan, SA was wearing pink.
It still seems a bit odd to me...long time, and my mind still has a pattern of white kit and v-neck pullovers.

Katji

Major Contributor
Pink Panther rugby club...

Rc-The-Pink-Panthers-home-slider-01.jpg

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Headless Panther
The fear of audio companies - this headless panther signifies a poorly engineered product. Measurements of the product typically show bottom-of-the-pile performance and/or false claims by the product vendor. Sometimes the product is broken in a way that lends it unusable or unpleasant to use.
View attachment 50763

Shrugging Panther
The shrugging panther shows a product that has somewhat respectable measurements but fails to break into the top tiers of performance. Nothing is inherently broken with the product but performance is not particularly awe-inspiring.
View attachment 50765View attachment 50766

Hand-in-my-kid's-piggybank Panther
This panther is usually reserved for snake-oil level products. Manufacturers of these products make ridiculous claims and sell the fraudulent wares to unsuspecting customers for mega bucks. The measurements debunk these claims and the product is punished by a ruthless review.
View attachment 50767

Happily-lounging Panther
This panther is awarded to products that show well-above average performance and (sometimes) good value for the customer. All measurements of the product show good but not top-of-the-line performance. This usually signifies that the manufacturer paid attention to good engineering practices and put out a well-measuring, well-performing product. Sometimes the forum is blessed with a sideways view of the happily-lounging panther.
View attachment 50768View attachment 50769

Golfing Panther
A source of pride for manufacturers, this panther is reserved for products with top-of-the-line performance. These products measure superbly well in all metrics and are well-made. While the golfing panther misses his shot, the products it is awarded to kill it.
View attachment 50770

Soccer Panther
The soccer panther is the golfing panther's cousin. He is from Europe.
View attachment 50771

Saluting-Soldier Panther
Another top-tier marker, the saluting-soldier panther is related to the golfing and soccer panthers. He, too, used to live in Europe but has left the union as of 31 January 2020.

View attachment 50776

Thank you for starting this thread. We get asked the question about what the Panthers mean often. So now it’s a Sticky!

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Thank you for starting this thread. We get asked the question about what the Panthers mean often. So now it’s a Sticky

I wonder if @amirm would be interested showcasing his entire panther collection? A single "panther crowd" snapshot would do... I am sure the collection is pretty impressive by now. :)

Katji

Major Contributor
I wonder if @amirm would be interested showcasing his entire panther collection? A single "panther crowd" snapshot would do... I am sure the collection is pretty impressive by now. :)
:) +1 . Not too much work. Could even be done on the floor. :D ...Did anyone suggest having a Pink Panther on an ASR t-shirt?

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Shouldn't there be a snarly panther, ripping apart some piece of gear?

jcarrico

Is there a list of products that received golfing and soccer panthers somewhere? The preference scores and metric values don't seem to always correlate with the panthers. I know it's a silly question, was just surprised I didn't see it somewhere.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Is there a list of products that received golfing and soccer panthers somewhere? The preference scores and metric values don't seem to always correlate with the panthers. I know it's a silly question, was just surprised I didn't see it somewhere.
I’m keeping track of both headphones and speakers that received golfing/soccer panthers. See my signature. But it’s specific to Canadian deals, which I like to keep track of.

Top Bottom