• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR not blocked in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
z china.png

Lambda

Major Contributor
Since politics are not (allowed?) to discussed in this forum why shuld it be blocked

Lambda

Major Contributor
Maybe the best thing we can do is stop here if we don’t want this to change...
@amirm ?

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
i'ts not as much that sites are being geo-blocked there, but more of a situation where chinese users simply don't interact with foreign sites (forums, etc.)

as to why, who'd know (well, there's something slightly over the threshold of a theory but i'm not going into that territory)

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
but more of a situation where chinese users simply don't interact with foreign sites (forums, etc.)
In Canada we have ~1.8 million Chinese people out of ~38 million people and they interact and participate very well in Canadian society. There seems to be no shortage of enthusiastic immigrants and temporary students wanting to come to Canada. :D Not sure why mainlanders would be personally avoiding out of country websites.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Seems Darko is more hard line than PRC.

I bet nobody saw that coming. Least of all Jonny D.
Can you give more details. I know little to nothing about Darko other than seeing a few of his video reviews. :D

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you give more details. I know little to nothing about Darko other than seeing a few of his video reviews. :D
He blocks links to his site from this site. Comical.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Perhaps all the glowing reviews of Topping products are finally paying off? If one or two get panned check again!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps all the glowing reviews of Topping products are finally paying off? If one or two get panned check again!
Well, the high end shills from China drop by to assure us the cheap stuff secretly sucks. So, pick your poison.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Been playing with that checker....using various media websites, interesting what's allowed and what's not....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom