• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR Forum Member Tag/Title Descriptions

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So, who is this?
202210_Deleted member.jpg

:)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So, who is this?
Ah, good question. Occasionally members decide to leave the forum and ask that all of their records be deleted. We do that and also optionally change their alias to a random name which is what you see above. We get around 1 to 2 such requests per month.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I quite like BDWoody's Chief Cat Herder title. I'm an Engineer, so I understand that role implicitly....
This is embarrassing to ask... :facepalm: ...but would you explain the implicit relationship between those 2 professions?
[note: I am the latter but never had met the former]

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This is embarrassing to ask... :facepalm: ...but would you explain the implicit relationship between those 2 professions?
[note: I am the latter but never had met the former]
Do engineers behave like cats when they're in a herd? Maybe they're unherdable making the job of the shepherd (mod) even more impossible! o_O

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Do engineers behave like cats when they're in a herd? Maybe they're unherdable making the job of the shepherd (mod) even more impossible! o_O
No!
The engineers that I worked with never had that tendency to roll-over: Else; they did not last.
Additionally, group-think was never a prerequisite but teamwork, accountability and ownership were all essential ingredients; Thus; minimizing mgmt. interference.;)
I guess, it must boil down to the definition, character and/or the type of 'engineer' we are discussing... then and now!

StuartC

Forum Donor
No!
The engineers that I worked with never had that tendency to roll-over: Else; they did not last.
Additionally, group-think was never a prerequisite but teamwork, accountability and ownership were all essential ingredients; Thus; minimizing mgmt. interference.;)
I guess, it must boil down to the definition, character and/or the type of 'engineer' we are discussing... then and now!
Clearly, the Engineers I work with are significantly more independently minded and egotistical (....guilty, Your Honour!). Trying to get everyone on the same page is very much like herding cats.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Clearly, the Engineers I work with are significantly more independently minded and egotistical (....guilty, Your Honour!). Trying to get everyone on the same page is very much like herding cats.
Ha, you need to transfer to pseudoid's site, it's engineering nirvana over there! :D (I heard he works with Dan Clark, or maybe Genelec!)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ha, you need to transfer to pseudoid's site, it's engineering nirvana over there! :D (I heard he works with Dan Clark, or maybe Genelec!)
I think it was a senator that lost his seat when he quipped "if you think sex is a pain in the [errrrr... rectum]; you are probably doing it wrong!"
Same really applies to any profession, including engineering; which used to be 'safe harbor' from flim-flam and emotional thinking.
Nirvana is what you make it and you don't have to go elsewhere for greener grass... all the while keeping the mgmt. at bay that wear rose-colored glasses.:facepalm:

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it was a senator that lost his seat when he quipped "if you think sex is a pain in the [errrrr... rectum]; you are probably doing it wrong!"
Same really applies to any profession, including engineering; which used to be 'safe harbor' from flim-flam and emotional thinking.
Nirvana is what you make it and you don't have to go elsewhere for greener grass... all the while keeping the mgmt. at bay that wear rose-colored glasses.:facepalm:
Well you know I'm not really taking things serious, I've been jokingly light-hearted ever since we started talking about cats!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Robbo5Sigma; You probably also noticed that I tried to bring back the discussion closer to the topic at hand (re: jobs/titles)...;)

Top Bottom