• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR == Anti-Science Review

Anytime there is a poster that challenges the the deeply held belief systems on this forum certain forum members are deeply offended emotionally and then silence the poster with a ban. How is this forum scientific if there is no objective discussions because certain people are too emotionally immature to consider what they believe may be wrong?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
"ASR == Anti-Science Review"

Hey, I like the way that sounds! I think I will put it on a t-shirt...

The double equal sign though is something that only a C programmer understands so I suggest going with just one.

Hypnotoad

I've never seen anyone banned from here, mmm maybe one who was out of control. Most forums have there fair share of fanatics who jump on anyone who's views don't align with there's.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Anytime there is a poster that challenges the the deeply held belief systems on this forum certain forum members are deeply offended emotionally and then silence the poster with a ban. How is this forum scientific if there is no objective discussions because certain people are too emotionally immature to consider what they believe may be wrong?
It's a audio forum for evidence based theory and discussion.. fun and having a laugh.

The economic forum is down the hall , as is the ' argument for argument sake ' forum and ' contrary for contrary sake ' forum.

I think @pozz is in charge of refunds ...

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

The double equal sign though is something that only a C programmer understands so I suggest going with just one.
No that's the best thing he's posted , leave it in ha ha

garbulky

Major Contributor
I don't think they usually ban the guy. But there are people that like to poke and ridicule for no productive rason.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Haven't noticed this.

Examples?
Anti science == anything that dose not affirm what HiFisoundfarts reckons..

Amir goes to bed in a white lab coat , even his dogs are pure white to match... How much more bloody science do you want!

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I don't think they usually ban the guy. But there are people that like to poke and ridicule for no productive rason.
Folks definitely are too anti listening impressions .

As long as they are presented as anecdotal rather than absolutes iv no issue with them .

That needs to change .

August

There is no basis for the responsibilities. Since Amirm’s evaluation hurts the interests of BS vendors, there are more and more “fun guys” on the forum.:rolleyes:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

rason rah-sawn;

noun, plural ra·sa [rah-sah; English ras-uh] . Greek Orthodox Church.

a long, loose, black gown with wide sleeves, worn by the clergy.

1571435118403.png

I like the hat.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I admit that I have not been here long, but I have not witnessed this behaviour. Can you support your assertions with objective evidence? Personally, I find ASR a very good source of data to support my rational self-interest.

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert

That is funny though the syntax exists in several places, how many if x = 0 infinite loops have you written?

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
:facepalm:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I tried refunding someone once but I can't do math, being anti-science and all...

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That is funny though the syntax exists in several places, how many if x = 0 infinite loops have you written?
For some reason I got that right from day one even though I learned C after Basic which used one equal sign for comparison.

felizecat

Subjective opinions cannot be verified. Also, as they cannot be falsifiable, they cannot be tested.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Objective, evidence based discussions are always welcome, those are the best kind that make for the most informative threads.

But it's also true that there are just some people (about one hands worth in 3 1/2 years) that don't belong here. They come here with the same subjective listening arguments we've heard on all the other sites for many years and insist that science and measurements has nothing to teach them. BLAH

Last edited:

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor

Sorry, not seeing it.

But I do see a fair share of moral outrage expressed against objectivity. In such cases, the emotion of those citing moral outrage is palpable.

Perhaps you're not comfortable with objectivity and all that it entails. It would explain a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom