• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR == Anti-Science Review

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Finally, we have banned a few very obnoxious people from here especially in early days. He strikes me as one of them seeing how he is not technical, was active in uptone discussions (especially on WBF) and doesn't have a grasp of the technical topics.
I can think of no one that has been banned that I not only applauded but also thought "what took you so long". And one of them was a good friend of mine who just pushed the limits too far.. I spent 7 years or so as the admin of one of the major Linux distributions web site. It's a thankless job that makes you a few friends and a bunch of enemies, no one ever likes being policed. I'm currently in the same difficult position of being the enforcer of the HOA rules here in the community where I live. You wouldn't believe the things some of these octogenarian and older folks say and do. :eek:

Hypnotoad

I'm currently in the same difficult position of being the enforcer of the HOA rules here in the community where I live.

That's about as popular as being a parking inspector or working at the DMV. ;)

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
I'm currently in the same difficult position of being the enforcer of the HOA rules here in the community where I live. You wouldn't believe the things some of these octogenarian and older folks say and do. :eek:

Yes, no pink flamingos in the front yard.

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
Yes, no pink flamingos in the front yard.

Do you shoot them then, should they land? Or do you limit landing rights to no more than seven at a time? :p

(Sal's a Floridian IIRC, so we may not be talking about the Walmart variety flamingos.)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Do you shoot them then, should they land? :p

(Sal's a Floridian IIRC, so we may not be talking about the Walmart variety flamingos.)
Naw, they taste like crap. :)

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
Naw, they taste like crap. :)

Ha ha. That's how I responded to people when I lived in Australia. "Hey, dude, have you seen a koala yet? Not yet, how do those things taste anyway?"

The Aussies have a great respect for nature... but also love a good joke.

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor

Wombat

Master Contributor
Sal, How did you miss pool boy duties in your HOA Supervisor contract?
Wink.gif

h58C6696C.jpg

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
[QUOTE="Sal1950, post: 250637, member: 16" I'm currently in the same difficult position of being the enforcer of the HOA rules here in the community where I live. You wouldn't believe the things some of these octogenarian and older folks say and do. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Interesting, where I live there is no HOA, but most typical HOA functions are handled by volunteers. Our deed restrictions chairman is a retried architect in his 80's. Everyone trusts him. It's a small subdivision and everyone knows everyone else, in the middle of a giant city. Best of luck to you Sal.

Hypnotoad

Interesting, where I live there is no HOA,

We don't have them in Australia thank goodness, when I lived in Houston we paid $666 per year (yes 666), that should tell you something right there.

Wombat

Master Contributor

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
HOA == Necessary Evil

Hypnotoad

HOA == Necessary Evil

That's just it there not necessary, people are just duped into thinking they are. We have rising house prices here in Australia, we don't have purple houses, people keep their houses neat. Our subdivision in Houston the houses looked nearly the same, same colored roofs, almost the same colored walls, drab and dreary, the local councils here in Australia enforces things like parking, and if your grass becomes a fire risk, if you do renovations you need to get a council permit. But nothing like the nonsense that HOA's come up with, they pit resident against resident, a lot are run by unscrupulous people. They have the law so heavily in there favor that lawyers won't take them on, there advice is to beg for mercy. We lived with them for years, nothing but trouble.

Hypnotoad

I think this is similar except

The body corporate is very similar to the HOA's in America, but luckily they only apply to those living in flats, apartments or units.

Top Bottom