• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR and AMIR saved my desktop set up :)

GimeDsp

Hello ASR friends, a while back I spent some money on this set up for my computer desk that is now relegated to a small bedroom during remodeling. here's my set up.

1. Paradigm monitor SE
2. Topping PA3 amp
3. Jammo slim subwoffer
4. MiniDSP ddrc24 with Dirac
5. white foam acoustic panels not set up yet.

Here is where the issue begins, the speakers sounded very bad with no EQ to me, in my room, and no matter how I tried to make Dirac do "less" and adjusting the target line/curve, Dirac would always have a very bad sound. To me it sounded closed and constrained, like bad multiband compression!
I was about to give up on the speakers then I remembered Amir included his EQ settings he used for them in the review he did!
With Dirac turned off and the proper EQ applied now I can enjoy the set up, saving me at least $500 or more trying out new speakers. Thanks Amir!

I think in the future I will keep Amir's EQ settings, set up my acoustic panels, then run Dirac after and see if it hurts or helps, in addition to the parametric.

Top Bottom