• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR "Alerts" not working for me.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Windows 11 / Firefox user here. (And long since retired [2001] corporate Microsoft desktop/networking and Novell Networking professional/contractor)

I've logged out and back in, deleted all site data including cookies.

I don't restrict ASR in any way with Firefox addons, etc. (e.g. no Adblock or script blocking)

I deleted all thread watches, and added a few back in.

But I still don't get alerts for most of the new posts in threads I have tagged for watching.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I want to make it clear that I am referring to Notification "Alerts', and not to Notification "emails".

Last edited:

Honken

I've got the same issue. The alert bell is also behaving oddly for me, quite often it doesn't display any alerts until I click it.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I've got the same issue. The alert bell is also behaving oddly for me, quite often it doesn't display any alerts until I click it.
They are not updated in real time so that is normal until you clock on it.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is anyone getting these alerts? I can't check myself since I get so many of them. Thanks.
I get alerts at the bell although for many months some new threads that I marked do not show up till I re-click the link to them and then they work again. I never said anything because I figured it was a feature of the forum software. :D

EDIT: I am using Chrome.

Last edited:

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
For me (Firefox) the alert bell is inconsistent. Sometimes it will notify me, and sometimes not. I have to scroll down the threads sometimes to find threads I know should have been notified on, but wasn't for whatever reason. This happens with threads which I recently contributed to mostly for some reason. Old threads I get notifications on. Go figure.

Honken

They are not updated in real time so that is normal until you clock on it.
I suppose that the forum isn't real time, but the bell updates on it's own sometimes. As a matter of fact, it did just now.

To me, it feels like that the intended behaviour is for it to do that on its own, always.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is anyone getting these alerts? I can't check myself since I get so many of them. Thanks.
They work fine for me. You must refresh the page sometimes as it’s a browser.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I suppose that the forum isn't real time, but the bell updates on it's own sometimes. As a matter of fact, it did just now.
If the session is alive, yes, it will update. But if you leave the browser and come back sometime later, it will be stale.

Honken

If the session is alive, yes, it will update. But if you leave the browser and come back sometime later, it will be stale.
It's happening as I'm browsing the forum.

I was just now reading this thread and prior to opening it I should have gotten a notification about a new post this thread. I didn't until I clicked the bell.

I cannot really discern any pattern when the bell (presumably) works as intended. I will have to admit that I haven't dug into what my browser is really doing when browsing this site either, since I assume it'd be a bit of a pain to get to the bottom of with no access to the behind the scenes workings, and a notification bell that at the most goes off a few times a day.

Top Bottom