• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASMR Survey - pleasant or awful?

How do you feel when listening to ASMR sounds/videos?

• It's great

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • It's terrible

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • No particular response

Votes: 28 41.8%

• Total voters

pau

soft spoken and natural sounds willl trigger the spine shivers like nothing else. it soothes ones inner and gives good sleep. if you dont receive this upgrade your gear! *laugh*

Best sleep pill, 0 drugs required.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I doubt many here have good enough cables or power cords to enjoy ASMR.

pau

I doubt many here have good enough cables or power cords to enjoy ASMR.
Yes that can be problematic if one listens to the signals not sound. :D

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes that can be problematic if one listens to the signals not sound. :D
We can only enjoy harsh, hard-edged engineer sounds. We're hardcore that way :)

pau

We can only enjoy harsh, hard-edged engineer sounds. We're hardcore that way :)
All to archieve the same goal after all. The soft spot might be concealed for some.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Who doesn't like a little eardrum poking? o_O

someguyontheinternet

I think the concept of ASMR gets a bad reputation from all the roleplaying and anime stuff which is certainly not everyone's cup of tea. Pretty people jumping on the train and pushing overly sexualized content also contributed very negatively.
I've been observing the concept spread when it first gained popularity, because it was an effective tool for reducing my anxiety. The videos I watched were more in the line of professionals explaining their craft with a calm and certain tone or simply environmental sounds though.

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
Good, well-recorded natural and un-exaggerated sounds? Just fine.

Weird crinkly, crackly sounds, clicky nails, mouth and lip smacking noises and whispering and other bizarre fetishistic crap? Unbelievably irritating.

Midnight Audiophile

Shameless plug alert. This is from a new channel I just started. I like a good narrator with a pleasing voice. I find it relaxing and it helps me get to sleep rather quickly. I think this woman has a stellar voice for reading and I consider it ASMR. Next I'm doing Mary Shelley's Frankenstein by the same narrator:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
During the nascent days of youtube... one of the earliest ASMR videos was of a beautiful female whispering "brush... brush... brush... dab... dab... dab... stroke... stroke..." while putting on make-up.
I must admit it was like (mesmerizing, hypnotizing) attention-getting for about 5 minutes and the time it took to share the link using emails << before texting was a thing.
Some of the linked youtube videos here seem to be the offshoot of that earlier ASMR episode.

Top Bottom