• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ask me about Bitcoin/Crypto investing

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'm still curious as to why @amirm thought it was a hot topic for an audio site....
For the same reason when I go to Fry's electronics store, they also sell soda and chips. :) If it is of interest to members, we have this little area for such discussions.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Some of us don't want to be seen as purely 'audio nerds'. :facepalm: The importance of audio needs an occasional perspective check. ;)

Wombat

Master Contributor
I look at thread titles and decide if they are of interest to me. Off-topic clogging of threads is more of a distraction to me, as is the regular repetition of tired old 'audiophile' misconceptions. Others may see things differently.

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
As the FAANG stocks meltdown, the rest of the market is sure to follow. It’s interesting to see that the “gold of the internet” or “digital gold” looks like nothing more than another bubble asset during a time following unprecedented below market interest rates.

Here’s a chart pricing bitcoin in gold ounces over the last month. It looks like only gold is behaving like gold this time.
ADB51F4E-0550-498F-9325-A543D58F7D72.jpeg

KR8NUX

OK, so I am working on certain DLT(Distributed Ledger Technology) solutions. Blockchain (The tech behind bitcoin), is one of them. I would be writing a couple of posts on how DLT works, what is the basis of 'value' in cryptocurrency, solve disambiguations related to concepts like 'mining' and 'hashrate' etc.
Got a couple of exams tomorrow so no time to do it now, would do it at leisure. I surely hope I can explain it in a simple manner as I am currently trying to make a career in this field. :) Stay tuned.

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Dear Hodlers,
Since the OP reverse indicator sentiments, we’ve passed the BTC ATH. It turns out my bearwhale predictions proved true. Maybe some of you got bear and sold before now. To the rest of you Baghodlers, you’ll certainly get rekt if you don’t dump now. If you don’t, you’ll be ashdraked by year end.

I’ve been JOMO watching all you FOMO hoping for another shitcoin pump.

Enjoy your weekend.

Glossary:
https://coinsutra.com/hodl-popular-cryptocurrency-terms/

DuxServit

Forum Donor
All these coins are ultra-speculative, not tied to any real assets. They are not even tied to greenback :eek:

Yes I’m aware that the USD has also been “untethered” to gold or real world assets since 1972 but there are the Fed, laws, legislations, regulators, market reports, etc all of which underpins the operations of the US economy — all of which provide the stability of the USD.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Dec 7, 2017
Amiri prompted me to start a thread about Bitcoin/Crypto investing. Since the Bitcoin price is constantly rising, my strategy is simple, beat Bitcoin (easier said than done).

It is somehow telling that sometime during the week of this first post BTC stopped "constantly rising".

1587180116590.png

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So here we are, almost exactly four years after the first post of this thread. Did anybody stay in the whole time? If so, I commend you for your wisdom and foresight and hope you will invite me to to your private island!

Last edited:

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
So here we are, almost exactly four years after the first post of this thread. Did anybody stay in the whole time? If so, I commend you for your wisdom and foresight and hope you will invite me to to your private island!

I've got about 10% of our liquid port in crypto.

BTC not my largest position, though.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
How long have you had it? Are you at the stage of choosing an island?

I bought my first BTC in 2017, DCA'ed into it and ETH during the 2018-2020 bear, then in the May-Jul crash this year, backed up the truck and bought a lot more ETH and a big bag of ALGO.

Wife is certainly house shopping for a water view.

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
BTC, and ALL other cryptos are 100% pure bubble w/o any real value behind them.

They only have "some value" now, because one single thing: Faith (or trust).

The trick here is to know before hand, WHEN the bubble will pop up?

Hint: in China is already happening (Evergrande).

We also have a lot bubbles in IT/tech/tesla companies.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought my first BTC in 2017, DCA'ed into it and ETH during the 2018-2020 bear, then in the May-Jul crash this year, backed up the truck and bought a lot more ETH and a big bag of ALGO.

Wife is certainly house shopping for a water view.
Here's my fun ride! :cool:
Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 10.57.47 PM.png

Top Bottom