• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ask me about Bitcoin/Crypto investing

neu01

I have being casually observing bitcoins since 2011, but I have no skin the game. Personally I find the underlying technology very interesting. But as it is utilised presently, it is just a game of hot potatoes and it's going to end in tears. Although personally I think it's value will rise for longer and higher than people and even sceptics predict, possibly years before finally imploding. But it is a bubble, and it's not the only one there are many asset bubbles presently in many areas of global economy, for example housing, bitcoins is just one of many.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Mark Cuban's point of view posted on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/897220200524861441

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I have being casually observing bitcoins since 2011, but I have no skin the game. Personally I find the underlying technology very interesting. But as it is utilised presently, it is just a game of hot potatoes and it's going to end in tears. Although personally I think it's value will rise for longer and higher than people and even sceptics predict, possibly years before finally imploding. But it is a bubble, and it's not the only one there are many asset bubbles presently in many areas of global economy, for example housing, bitcoins is just one of many.

I like your vision, presentable and validated. It's smell like a shot of reality, a dose of morphine to the brain. It will be interesting to see where the futures will lead, and Bitcoin and all that fast processing transactions jazz.
___

I feel sad for the thread's starter in having giving up. We can all learn from him.

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
Can someone tell me how audio science relates to crypto-currencies?

Brad

At present the electricity used for processing the bitcoin block chain is the same as the consumption as the country of Estonia. In my view this problem will limit the usability of block chain.

There are several proposals to reduce the processing required, but these reduce security and hence trust

Does anyone think these problems can be overcome?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
There’s no need to suffer, we have medication for this now or some CBT if you feel like talking about it.
Dr Savage, Is that some kind of suppository attached to the headphones?
'
Maybe I should get into this bitcoin stuff if its only funny-money. I was always quite good at playing Monopoly, the trick was to buy all the dark blue properties any way you could so the rent doubled then just be cool and wait for th money to roll in and bankrupt the others.
Is this what bitcoins look like?
il_fullxfull.797073890_9ad6.jpg

Wombat

Master Contributor
I can see where the rationality sits.

"Gold, gold, there's gold in them there bits"- but I can't afford the miner's pick and shovel.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Lord! I thought there was already an ASR thread about bitcoin.

There was, and still is.

This thread was intended to be educational for those interested, but was soon trashed.

Anyway, it appears that I was right when I said that this thread would be a waste of my time as well as the forum's. I will leave it here. If anyone has crypto investing questions you can PM me. I'm not here to change hearts and minds. This all reminds me of the subjective vs objective debates on WBF and we all know how that ended.

Good luck to all
Damian

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Other than the price moving in a parabolic upward trend, what are the “benefits” of bitcoin as compared with other assets, money, currency or media of exchange?
It's been trading on exchanges for several years now so there is enough of a history to make a judgement on projected future value.

It's not a stock so why would there be underlying earnings? Bitcoin doesn't pay dividends but there are many other crypto currencies and tokens that do.

I'm not trying to convince anyone about the wonders of Bitcoin. Either you get the benefits of crypto or you don't. If you don't like Bitcoin then that is great but comparing it to currency trading has absolutely zero foundation. You're welcome to prove your point though

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:
Top Bottom