• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PaperBoat

SONY Music Center for PC+ ASIO+ Equalizer+ Topping D10 Balanced?

Is there any Equalizer that support ASIO driver?

Attachments

• img_logo_smc4pc.png
    img_logo_smc4pc.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
ASIO? What kind of equalizer are you looking for? Software or hardware?

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Software...
Then there is no problem. Software EQ/DSP is an operation in the host PC and, commonly, as a component/plug-in to the music player application, e.g., Roon, Jriver, Audirvana, etc.. Consequently, any will be compatible with ASIO output if the host PC/app is ASIO compatible, as most are.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
SONY Music Center for PC+ AISO+ Equalizer+ Topping D10 Balanced?

Is there any Equalizer that support AISO driver?
Did you look here already?

For Windows eg APO EQ with the Peace skin.

But it is all happening on PC not as you described that there is a separate EQ.

Edit: see below the hint from staticV3.

Last edited:

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Equalizer Apo (with or without Peace) also doesn't work with ASIO. Only with Direct Sound or Wasapi Shared.
Ok. Then sorry. I thought it did, but I might not remember correctly since that was some 9months ago when I tried it.

OP
PaperBoat

PaperBoat

Then there is no problem. Software EQ/DSP is an operation in the host PC and, commonly, as a component/plug-in to the music player application, e.g., Roon, Jriver, Audirvana, etc.. Consequently, any will be compatible with ASIO output if the host PC/app is ASIO compatible, as most are.
But I want to play my lossy music files with Sony dsee hx and ASIO... The SONY Music Center for PC has an EQ that doesn't work with ASIO...

Last edited:

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
But I want to play my lossy music files with Sony dsee hx and AISO... The SONY Music Center for PC has an EQ that doesn't work with AISO...
Sorry. I am not clear about your signal path.

OP
PaperBoat

PaperBoat

Sorry. I am not clear about your signal path.
Music player > EQ > ASIO driver > USB > DAC > Speakers

*Please ignore my nerdyness as I'm a "newcomer" in the Audiophile world*

Last edited:

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Music player > EQ > ASIO driver > USB > DAC > Speakers

*Please ignore my nerdyness as I'm a "newcomer" in the Audiophile world*
Please identify each of the devices.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The software XO/EQ "EKIO", which I use in my project, has very simple and straightforward GUI interfaces; and the two-channel trial version is free having all of the EQ functionalities. I assume very nice for you to start learning EQ with using EKIO.
http://www.lupisoft.com/ekio/

Please visit my posts here, also here; EKIO can work as "one-stop XO/EQ center" systemwide;
WS003856 (1).JPG

You would please read carefully my posts #297, #006 on my project thread for the details of full ASIO I/O with digital XO/EQ software EKIO.

You would also please find my latest system setup including EKIO, ASIO4ALL, ASIO, JRiver etc., here.

Last edited:
OP
PaperBoat

PaperBoat

Please identify each of the devices.
As I understand now the fact that ASIO isn't compatible with Equalizers and there is no way to use a EQ with ASIO driver and the SONY Music Center for PC, I'm now lean towards the Foobar2k or JRiver MC or something like that...

Foobar2k/ JRiver ⟩⟩ EQ? (Something like or better than the Mathaudio Headphone EQ?) ⟩⟩ Topping ASIO driver ⟩⟩ USB ⟩⟩ Topping D10 Balanced DAC ⟩⟩ Passive Monitor Controller ⟩⟩ JBL 305p MKiis

Last edited:
OP
PaperBoat

PaperBoat

The software XO/EQ "EKIO", which I use in my project, has very simple and straightforward GUI interfaces; and the two-channel trial version is free having all of the EQ functionalities. I assume very nice for you to start learning EQ with using EKIO.
http://www.lupisoft.com/ekio/

Please visit my posts here, also here; EKIO can work as "one-stop XO/EQ center" systemwide;
View attachment 214152

You would please read carefully my posts #297, #006 on my project thread for the details of full ASIO I/O with digital XO/EQ software EKIO.

You would also please find my latest system setup including EKIO, ASIO4ALL, ASIO, JRiver etc., here.
Seems complicated but interesting... I'll try it... Will EKIO work with the SONY Music Center for PC and ASIO?

Last edited:
Top Bottom