• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Asian music & artists

threni

Major Contributor
OP
A

ADU

Major Contributor
Thank god no fado, and no what's her name, you know who. Think of John Lennon. After ten minutes of fado I start pulling my teeth. I love this thread.

Not sure who you're referring to here, TimF. Yoko I know, of course. But not fado.

Google is telling me it's a 19th century Portuguese style of music. (?)

Last edited:
OP
A

ADU

Major Contributor
Couple love songs by a popular Punjabi/Indian hip-hop artist who was unfortunately killed over the weekend. There may be some slightly disturbing imagery in couple of these.

Sidhu Moose Wala "I'm Better Now"

Last edited:
OP
A

ADU

Major Contributor
Sidhu Moose Wala "Tochan"

Some of Sidhu Moose Wala's music and videos were too gangster for my taste. But I could definitely appreciate his skills as an artist, musician and storyteller. And know he'll be sorely missed by the Indian hip-hop fans and his family.

Last edited:

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I listen to loads of Asian artists, unfortunately they all perform Western music. I think Yuja Wang is a wonderful pianist with an interesting repertoire.

Reactions: ADU

Sokel

Master Contributor
Joe Hisaishi is probably my favorite Asian,a true master about Beethoven,etc.

joehisaish-master.jpg

"World Dreams" from the concert tour "JOE HISAISHI & WORLD DREAM ORCHESTRA 2021"

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Awesome stuff! I noticed something - maybe it's an age-related thing, I'm more drawn to the classical instruments.

Battle of the generations! :)

These young ladies absolutely shred the shamisen! The tune-up knocked me out. I feel it though man with critical listening, a "blues" element if one reaches back that far.

OMG, the communication, the simultaneous double slides - what a treat.

I just feel sorry for any audiophiles that haven't explored Asian culture and music whether classical or modern with an open heart.
That's just begging for a techno remix :)

Top Bottom