• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASI Sugar Cubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobC91

Hi everyone,

I'm new and am very happy to have found this forum, really learned a lot!

I have come across this thing call the ASI Sugar Cubes (there are also other room treatment products under the ASI brand) which markets itself as an alternative to room treatment.

I am just very skeptical about its effect on room acoustics since it is so Tiny, as it's name implies it is really about the size of a sugar cube.

Anyone here has any experience or scientific insight about this product or products like this.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, I hope it is.

Thank you
Robin.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
post a pic or description

I doubt they do anything, but...

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Veritably worthless. Picture is from 6moons "review".
https://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/acousticsystem4/sugar.html

2.jpg

buz

Forum Donor
And if you can't hear a difference its because you didn't align them properly. Genius.

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hilarious!
Wow, hand crafted:
"Considering the amount of work involved to cut, sand and drill out each sugar cube -- all done by hand -- the asking price of €10/per is very friendly"

OP
R

RobC91

Thank you for everyone's reply!

Here is the list of features offered by an authorized dealer on their website.

An ASI diffuser is a little sound body sandwich of two pieces of light maple with a washer of harder wood between. The body is hollowed out and a small hole connects the cavity to the outside. It is like a miniature Helmholtz resonator. Adjusting the alignment of the wood’s grain left or right from straight up hence the dot focuses the image.
At a budget-friendly price, the ASI sugar cubes are a very powerful room acoustic enhancer. It takes some effort to set up the grid but it gives the user unprecedented control over how the room responds as a major musical contributor.

Features
  • Give frequencies extension (open) by turning the sugar cube ( noise filter )
  • Open by zone , turn slightly the left side sugar cube to left and right side to right only very few degree . Move slightly up or down of the center noise filter for sound balance .
  • Applications: All rooms.
  • Effect: Improved musicality, faster and more thrilling mode, more coherent spectrum."

The diffuser mistakenly mentioned on their page is referring to another one of ASI's product sold at €30 a pop! Sounded like a load of nonsense but I'd want to get everyone's opinion on this.
Acoustic-System-International-Diffuser-02.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have come across this thing call the ASI Sugar Cubes (there are also other room treatment products under the ASI brand) which markets itself as an alternative to room treatment.

Brand New user? Check

First post? Check

Discussing another expensive polished turd? Check

Walks like a shill, talks like a shill, stinks like a shill.

Why take the shiny bait?

OP
R

RobC91

Brand New user? Check

First post? Check

Discussing another expensive polished turd? Check

Walks like a shill, talks like a shill, stinks like a shill.

Why take the shiny bait?
I'm not sure whether you're offering a compliment, offering an advice, or thinks I'm a salesman. o_O

OP
R

RobC91

How do these madhouse candidates even get enough money to buy their junk?
I used to read on 6moons but I find their reviews are more of sales pitch story telling than anything else. A lot of voodoo as well.

OP
R

RobC91

And if you can't hear a difference its because you didn't align them properly. Genius.
This convenient statement really took the burden of proof right off their hands ;)

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
This convenient statement really took the burden of proof right off their hands ;)
Your a brand new member and your first post is about some Snake Oil do nothing products. Therefore you are going to get some negative reactions from our membership. Not an altogether unusual reaction. As a Science First based Forum we get lots of Trolls here. I’m going to close this thread and give you a do over.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
FYI follow up post. OP: @RobC91 sent me a PM apologizing for the above thread and thanking us for the second chance. Let’s give this new member a break and time to accumulate to our Facts First approach here. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom