• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

As mentioned in a 'real' thread: is there any way to enable different flavors of "like" response for posts?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
reference: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...gh-end-cable-review.17065/page-34#post-951888
and
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...gh-end-cable-review.17065/page-34#post-951964

As the thread title states: Does the forum (BB) s/w used by ASR permit "us" to have a few categories of "like" responses to a thread? Having a few different canned responses would be nice.
Examples from another forum:
1635165388233.png

https://hifihaven.org/index.php
which uses the Xenforo platform, as does ASR

And from yet another forum (perhaps slightly more "proper" in the use of words rather than emoji - FWIW):
1635165655106.png

This one uses Vanilla as a platform :oops:

PS And, as long as I am at it*, howabout something akin to these two emoji? :)

1635165086921.png

(also from hifihaven)

Thank you for your consideration! :)

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been using online forums for like 16 years of my life, almost every single one has 'something' or a 'flair' that makes it unique. Whether that's emoticons, small gifs or whatnot. it kind of allows for more complex emotional expression and nuance.

If I remember correctly @amirm opted out of these reaction options you showed when the upgrade happened few weeks ago.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I already have this, what more would I need?

ezgif-2-73162c9083a8.gif

OP
mhardy6647

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
mmmm... that might come in handy now and again.

:cool:

Katji

Major Contributor
Yeh, I saw your reply about it in that other thread. The only forum I know that has it is thaivisaforums, which is not XenForo but I see the example here that is XenForo.

Re the editor emoticons...the main thing is that there is no Laughing/LOL one.
That face-palm one, you know, it took a little while for me to even see what it is supposed to be. I often think, it's 2021, why are forum emoticons so...retarded, when all the time I see a stream of headlines about new tech and so on. Although Gmail is not bad, and Facebook, and VK has a huge list of them, even divided into categories.
The only other XenForo forum I know is BCMTouring - quite different set of them, and for some reason the package includes about 4 or 5 that are firing/shooting/machine-gunning...

1635176742701.png

1635176869182.png

Some very useful ones there - the mooning/brown-eye one, toilet flushing [the bs away], the drinking ones...

beagleman

Major Contributor
I've been using online forums for like 16 years of my life, almost every single one has 'something' or a 'flair' that makes it unique. Whether that's emoticons, small gifs or whatnot. it kind of allows for more complex emotional expression and nuance.

If I remember correctly @amirm opted out of these reaction options you showed when the upgrade happened few weeks ago.

Some of those emoticons are nice to show one is not being mean or rude, but simply trying to make some point etc.

It allows the mood of the poster in that post to show his intentions.

Instead of constantly saying "I do not mean this to sound mean spirited...etc"

Top Bottom