• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arylic S50 Pro Plus and Edifier R1280DBs configuration

Bubba2022

Hi forum,

I've ordered an Arylic S50 Pro+ (ESS Sabre 9023 DAC) streamer and Edifier r1280dbs active speakers.
I'm trying to figure out how to get the best sound by connecting through
- RCA, or
- Digital toslink, or
- Coax out
Would appreciate any guidance here.

I would guess the RCA is recommended, but I'm not sure. Will the Optical out bypass the internal streamer dac completely and feed the signal to Edifier internal dac?

Secondly, will any of these connections, RCA, Digital, Coax from the S50 give a fixed volume level? I don't want to pre amp to the edifiers if that's possible.

Hatto

Hi Bubba, I don't know what you've done so far but I'd connect them via RCA and SPDIF (opt/coax) and switch back and forth to see which one I like more, since there's no way to really tell the performance of the Edifier DAC in isolation.

Will the Optical out bypass the internal streamer dac completely and feed the signal to Edifier internal dac?
Yep.

Don't know about your second question though.

Top Bottom